We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to ios by ferry

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
820 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to ios by ferry

there are so many ferries and highspeeds espcially in april to october

but the greek ferry schedule dosent get released till may everyyear

ios has frequent highspeeds and ferrys from athens(pireaus) connecting also with naxos paros mykonos crete santorini sikinos folengandros etc

www.openseas.gr you can check out ferries when they update ,

please feel free to contact me for more info

oioi

Edinburgh, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to ios by ferry

Hey im planning on flying into athens on the 5th of may, would the schedule be out by then do u think?? and would it be more expensive to book a ferry that short notice?? i only see a highspeed scheduled on the 6th, so id have to wait around town from about 8pm to 730 in the morning...

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
820 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to ios by ferry

yes at the moment i think the highspeed leaves at 7.30am i would stay in a hotel near the port pireaus dream hotel is good and quite reasonably priced and close to catching the ferry approx 15 min walk to ferry ok

Edinburgh, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to ios by ferry

Perfect, thanks oi oi, do u think there willl be any slow ferry scheduled at a later date for a cheaper price than the highspeed??

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,233 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to ios by ferry

Unfortunately not, the daily Bluestars appear to have dropped their stop on Ios in summer rather strangely.

There are a few others a Ventouris ferry and a Lane ferry but they are only two times a week.

You could take the Bluestar to Paros or Santorini and get another cheaper ferry but the times won't match even if there is a same day connecting ferry and you could end up with overnighting somewhere and still end up on another pricey fast ferry.

Edinburgh, UK
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to ios by ferry

Ahhh ok, i guess i'll go for the highspeed from piraeus, cheers guys!!! c u in IOS!!! :D

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
820 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to ios by ferry

therre will be slower and cheaper ferrys in june july august from lane lines ok , but to be honest i would catch the quick highspeeds cause you dont want to waste ya holiday on slow ferrys all day :>)

7. Re: travelling to ios by ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 17, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ios