We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios for older?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ios for older?

Hi - I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on whether Ios was a good spot for people other than 18-24 year olds? I'm in my late 40s, not dead yet - like to go out, enjoy good music and dancing and a drink or three but don't want to end up surrounded by crowds of 16 year olds! Please help!

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
797 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios for older?

hi bushbaby ios in the 70s was the hippy island of europe where they use to all congregate in the summer for midsummer fest,

since then ios has been known as the party island and yes it attracts every age group from every corner of the world ,

but ios has something for everyone !

so many bars and night clubs for every age ,

few of my fav is the satisfaction bar and barmacy ,orange bar , astra etc these are just a few that are for our age ,

the hippys still come to ios from the seventies and they still enjoy there selves and there alot older than us lol,

ive been here 20 years this year im 45 and i absolutely still love ios , queen pamela (70s hippy) still dances the night away and shes over 80 (dont tell her i told u lol)

come and enjoy and share our island of our dreams your love it !!!

oioi

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios for older?

Thanks OIOI - that was what I wanted to hear! Really looking forward to coming! Would you suggest staying in Apollonia or Kamares?

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
797 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios for older?

hi again your very welcome ,

im just a bit lost here lol

what is apollonias and Kamares ?

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ios for older?

Hello Bushbaby,

Ios is great we have been 4 times in the last 5/6 years, in our mid late fifties. We go out of season.

Seems you are a little confused with Sifnos, which is another lovely island.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ios for older?

Oops - of course you're right! I was sort of hoping to get to Sifnos as well as Ios and got my towns mixed up. I meant Chora vs Gialos or one of the other spots. Somewhere within walking distance of Chora might be nice, close but not too close. Again apologies OIOI - won't do it again!

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
797 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ios for older?

lol np baby i thought maybe new hotels opened which i didnt know about lol,

anyway a nice sopt is situated just out side the village and in walking distance to main village and main beach miloportas

on this road

theres yanis rooms family run which are very quaint

hotel hermes and katerina pension both are family run and has swimming pools and fantastic views

theres just a few of my reccomendations

feel free to ask me more if needed oioi

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ios for older?

Hello again,

I can confirm the posting on Katerinas we have stayed there 4 times lovely rooms with a great view and pool.

About a ten minute walk into the Chora and similar to the beach.

I always say to my wife if anyone dosnt want to venture to far whilst on a Greek island then Ios and Katerinas would be two great choices.

There is also a coach which stops outside Katerinas which takes you to a choice of beaches further away, a great ride for 3 euros! The service bus stops outside as well which saves the walk back uphill from Mylotopas beach!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ios for older?

Thanks all for your help. Oioi I doubt much happens on Ios without you knowing about it well in advance lol!

Think I'm narrowing it down to a choice of Brothers or Katerinas...now if only they'd put the Ios ferries in the system so I can plan the rest of the trip. They seem to be almost the last ones loaded for the season.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
797 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ios for older?

hi bush dont worry about ferrys theres absolutely loads coming to ios in the summer i have been on to the boat companys and they have promised to put the schedules up early this year ok , fingers crossed lol

oioi

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ios for older?

Oioi - one last question.. and I promise I'll come and eat at your place st least once!

Is there a big difference between Katerina's Rooms and the Katerina Hotel. Pricewise one is slight less than I COULD pay and the other is slight more than I WANT to pay.. but my arm could be twisted if the view/rooms etc are that much better.

Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations