We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help - Greek Isles

London
8 posts
Save Topic
Please help - Greek Isles

Hello all,

I'm hoping I'll get the best advice here...

I'm looking to take my wife (newly-weds) to the Greek Isle/s this summer or somewhere else in the Med but just dont know where...

Basically, we're looking for a beautiful island that's not too busy and allows us just to laze on the beach all day, go swimming in gorgeous torquise water and dine on the most delicious seafood and wine in the evening (and maybe, just maybe a little bit of sight-seeing)... is that too much too ask?

We're looking to travel towards the end of July/beginning of August (I know its tourist season and a bad time to go but unfortunately this is the only time we can get away :-)

Thanks and I look forward to all your suggestions.

:-)

Ios, Greece
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please help - Greek Isles

Hi,

Go Ios !!!!!!!!!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Please help - Greek Isles

Lovetravel, if you MUST travel at the Peak of the Peak season, yet want "a beautiful island that's not too busy" -- I would suggest that you avoid the Cyclades islands, which will be absolutely TEEMING.

Here's a thought -- Western Samos! Get your bargain RT into Athens, then (if you act promptly) you can get a bargain-rate RT flight to Samos & back ... in the Northern Aegean.

This under-promoted island has a few US "package" spots such as the beach town of Pythagoras on the South side of the Island, and one called Kokkari on the North coast. HOWEVER, the Southwest area is NOT overly touristic and has lovely sand beaches -- you can get there via bus or rent a car cheaply. Here's a typical lodging, a self-catering apt on a hill with a terrace overlooking the beach at Limnionas

http://www.studiosioanna.com/

-- this area also is ideal for driving & hiking thru small inland villages very unchanged & authentic. I have found a LOT of good food in Samos -- and the wine there has been acclaimed since 400 BC.

Ive enjoyed staying in Samos, in Vathy (Samos Town) which could be your "little bit of sight-seeing." If you dine at a waterside restaurant in Samos, the sunset on Vathy Bay is unbelievable.

Just a thought.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Please help - Greek Isles

One Typo -- what I meant to type was "UK package holiday spots" not US. Not many Americans on Samos ... some Germans, in Western samos almost all are independent travellers, interesting & educated.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
797 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Please help - Greek Isles

hi love if you need any more information on getting married in ios please feel free to contact me ok :>)

i have pictures on my facebook of my friends wedding here last year in the ampitheatre

happy new year oioi :>)

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,980 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Please help - Greek Isles

Hi All,

LoveTravel365 started this thread in June 2008, asking about a holiday In Ios for last summer. The thread was revived yesterday by DanGiddings, asking about Naoussa rather than Ios. Had he started a new thread on the Paros forum, it would have avoided this confusion.

16. Re: Please help - Greek Isles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ios
Recent Conversations