We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ios what flights

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ios what flights

I have not relly looked but i like what i have heard about Ios we live in the Nort-east of England (Geordies)as we are affectionatly called but i wonder if there are any flights to Ios does it have an airport and could we fly from Newcastle.

York, United Kingdom
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ios what flights

Ios does not have an airport. The nearest is Santorini (aka Thira) which is a short ferry journey away. There are charter flights from England to Santorini (Tuesdays usually).

Ios is known as a party island. Most (but not all) people who go there will be looking for the nightlife but it is also a very pretty island and has great beaches.

ios greek island...
Destination Expert
for Ios
Level Contributor
828 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ios what flights

fantastic place with the best beaches in the cyclades islands , it has brilliant nightlife wether your 18 or 58 this is the island of paradise ,from a busy beach at myloportas to little coves scattered all round the island where you can have a beach with golden sand all to yourself

you can fly to santorini from manchester or gatwick and boat journeys 30 mins to ios ios is a must !! your have the time of your life

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ios what flights

Thanks for your information i know that there is flights to Santorini on a Tuesday from Newcastle airport because i have been to Santorini,,so either a hydrofoil or ferry could get us to Ios what resorts are the best we are a middleaged couple but still like it a bit lively any suggestions

Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ios what flights

You have 3 choices. Down in the port, up the hill in chora which is where the nightlife is or over the hill down the bottom and stay on mylopota beach which is pretty quite at night which might suit you.

Get answers to your questions about Ios