We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flam to Gudvangen to Voss in April

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Gudvangen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Carlos...
3 posts
Save Topic
Flam to Gudvangen to Voss in April

Hi Norway experts,

We are planning a NiN in mid April from Oslo to Bergen with a night stay in Flam.

From nsb.no, I got the timetable for the train from Oslo to Myrdal and the Flam railway information.

However, I am confused at the timetables on the ferry from Flam to Gudvangen and the bus connection from Gudvangen to Voss as well as the train connection from Voss to Bergen.

From fjord1.no/eng/…flam-gudvangen2

I see that in April, there is only one ferry and it departs from Flam at 15:10 and arrives in Gudvangen at 17:30. However, looking at the bus schedule (bus number 950)

https:/…950_Gudvangen-Voss.pdf

I see that the last bus departs Gudvangen at 17:25, would they wait? From reading previous posts, it looks like they do, but just wanted to confirm.

The other question is the train from Voss to Bergen, from nsb.no, I see that there is a local train leaving Voss at 19:41, but it would not let me select this train, the selectable train is at 21:38, we don't want to stay in Voss for 3 hours! Is there a way to buy tickets for the 19:41 train online? or do we have to buy it at the station (can we)?

Thanks.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flam to Gudvangen to Voss in April

You are looking at Norway in a Nutshell and most of the passengers for that bus arrive by this ferry. It would not make sense that bus would leave without the passengers ????

Do a through journey Oslo-Flåm on the NSB web site and you will get the train connections and your tickets all in one.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,033 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flam to Gudvangen to Voss in April

Voss to Bergen are mainly local trains which you can't book. Buy a ticket at the station. Some trains are regional and can be booked through NSB.

San Carlos...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flam to Gudvangen to Voss in April

Hi Dyoll,

Thanks for the information, that helped!

San Carlos...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flam to Gudvangen to Voss in April

Hi klimaflyktning,

Thanks, I understand the bus will wait for the ferry per your reply, that is good to know, will continue my planning

for the next stage.

BTW: I have also gone to nsb.no for a thru trip from Oslo to Flam and gotten the train times.

5. Re: Flam to Gudvangen to Voss in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, March 09, 2015