We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Pisciotta - photographer, hair, make up and cars!

leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in Pisciotta - photographer, hair, make up and cars!

Good evening.

I am getting married in Pisciotta next May and am looking for:

- A hairdresser to put my hair up, and possibly my bridesmaids too (3 of us in total)

- A photographer for 5 - 6 hours, digital copies only, with editing (only 1 photographer required as only 25 of us)

Also looking for a car to take me to the venue from my hotel (both located in Pisciotta) and possibly someone to do my make up. Any suggestions greatly received, don't seem to be turning much up by looking on line!)

Thanks x x

England
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Pisciotta - photographer, hair, make up and cars!

Pisciotta is a very small place ! You may need to look further afield. Have you tried asking the hotel for help ? As the locals must obviously get married.... it may just be that the people who offer these services are too 'small' to advertise on the internet ! My friend is out there at the moment in her family's holiday place, so I'll ask her when she gets home again, in a couple of weeks. Palinuro is larger and more important as regards holiday makers, and you may find the services you require advertised as based there. Pisciotta is the train station for Palinuro, and you have to get a bus to Palinuro... but the actual village of Pisciotta is up the mountain, while there is a small hamlet down by the coast. In either case, you have to get a bus when you get off the train... there's nothing else at the railway station !

England
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Pisciotta - photographer, hair, make up and cars!

You could try to put the following words into Google:

fotografo + pisciotta / fotografo + Palinuro (photographer)

parrucchiere + pisciotta / parrucchiere + Palinuro (hairdresser)

estetista + pisciotta.... etc. (make-up artist)

tassi + ...... (taxi)

England
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Pisciotta - photographer, hair, make up and cars!

Another big town nearby is Agropoli

leeds
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Pisciotta - photographer, hair, make up and cars!

Hello!

Thank for your replies.

We are driving from Naples to Pisciotta, so the train station location isn't a problem.

The venue has been booked through a wedding planner, so we're not actually in direct contact with the hotel. The wedding planners aren't able to start organising such services until this year's wedding season is over and they also only seem to have one supplier for each area, i.e one hairdresser, one photographer etc, without websites or examples of work.

As such, we're keen to look for alternatives to understand our options etc.

So yes, we've done plenty of googling and the like, and have contacted a few photgraphers through there, but we're really after personal recommendations from those that know the area, or ideally, those that have got married locally and can recommend contacts.

Thanks again, all help greatly appreciated!

x x

5. Re: Wedding in Pisciotta - photographer, hair, make up and cars!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cilento and Vallo di...