We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Volterra

Which Volterra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Taxis in Volterra

Our hotel in Volterra is about a 20 minute drive from the city walls. What are the taxis like in Volterra and are they expensive?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Volterra

I'm not sure there are taxis in Volterra, but your hotel might know someone who will drive you for a fee. In other parts of Italy, I've paid 20 Euro for a trip of that length.

Cecina, Italy
Level Contributor
48 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Volterra

There are several taxi companies in Volterra. Your hotel should be able to help you. Prices are not cheap. a ride within the city walls is about 10 Euros. I think Euro 20,00 to 30,00 should be a fair price.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in Volterra

Zetti, are you not confusing taxi and noleggio con conducente? Both have to be licensed by the city, but taxis are metered and have distinguishing outside charcteristics, while NCC (hired car with driver) are not metered, operate on a fee basis and have no distinguishing characteristics.

Cecina, Italy
Level Contributor
48 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis in Volterra

Zerlina, you are right. the ones in volterra are NCC - but we call them taxi anyway. The taxis in Volterra are not metered, therefore I recommend agreeing on a price beforehand

5. Re: Taxis in Volterra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, March 14, 2013