We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andrea Bocelli Concert

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
9 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Andrea Bocelli Concert

I want to buy tickets to his concert om jul/21/2011> Can anybody recomend a trustworthy site? ANd also a close hotel to the Teatro del Silencio? Frst time in the area third time in Italy, thanks so much Lidia

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Andrea Bocelli Concert

Hi Joel,

I went last year booked tickets separately and then was stuck on how to get there. I don't know if there are other tour operators (I think there are) but I booked on a bus that was organised by Arianna and friends. It leaves near the train station in Pisa. When we were getting the bus there were lots of other coaches nearby but sorry don't know who they were run by. We arrived back pretty late 1.30 and there were literally no taxis to be had so if you do go this route check how far your hotel is from the train station. Or maybe organise for your hotel to pre-book you one. I ended up ringing our hotel and they said they were not able to organise one but if we had preorganised it they could have. We didn't get back to our hotel till nearly 3. Unfortunately everyone empties out of the coach at the same time so unless you want to be the person running like a manic to be top of the queue.......The other problem is although most of us were going same direction the taxi drivers were having hissy fits about sharing. One or two were ok but most of them were just "no way" - we were all just trying to shorten the queue time. They were the same 3 taxis dropping and coming back. There is a lovely hotel on the corner opposite the train station maybe someone else can tell you what its name is because it would be the perfect spot to stay. Oh as an added pointer - if there are any lady friends with you make sure you tell them to bring loo roll/tissues with them, theyre all portaloos and pretty disgusting, before the concert starts.

Just in case you think I'm being negative, Im not at all, just trying to tell you the couple of things that I wish I'd known in advance.

You will have an amazing time, so jealous not going this year. I don't think you can explain to anyone who hasn't been there quite how special and emotional an event it is. You kind of feel like family.

Have the best time. If I can get there next year I will.

Kara

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
12. Re: Andrea Bocelli Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 13, 2014