We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite seaside restaurants in Viareggio?

Which Viareggio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite seaside restaurants in Viareggio?

Would like recommendations for some restaurants overlooking the ocean for about 10 people.

Lido Di Camaiore...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite seaside restaurants in Viareggio?

Ciao,

Are you sold on having dinner overlooking the sea in Viareggio or would you consider traveling a bit to see another restaurant?

There is a restaurant called, Locanda Lorena on the island of Palmaria just off the coast of Porto Venere in the province of Liguria. You would need to drive for about an hour to get there however once you are it is absolutely amazing.

The restaurant itself is located on a small island and they send a water taxi to pick you (and your guests) up for a short 5 minute trip to the restaurant. The food is great but the view is particularly enchanting as well as the town of Porto Venere itself. However, like I mentioned, you would have to drive for about an hour from Viareggio to get there.

The phone number is

Locanda Lorena

tel 0187/792370

If you want to stay in Viareggio there are a number of great restaurants and one that I would recommend is the restaurant of the Hotel Apollo. Their website address is www.hotelapolloviareggio.net/ristorante.html I have eaten here before and the food was delicious and you can't beat the view. Directly across the street from the sea!

Driving down the Viale Carducci in either direction will take you into either Lido di Camaiore and Forte dei Marmi etc, or into Darsena. There are many restaurants along either of these roads.

I hope this has been helpful. If you give me some more info (price per person, etc) I can do some research and get back to you with more options.

-JaneFiglioDiRiccardo

2. Re: Favorite seaside restaurants in Viareggio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 20, 2010