We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malpensa airport to varese

the highlands
Level Contributor
15 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
malpensa airport to varese

hi,

can anyone tell me if there is a direct bus service from the airport to varese? I know theres train that isn't direct and you have to change at saronno. does anyone know the cost of tickets on either bus or train? many thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,782 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: malpensa airport to varese

For train times see www.trenord.it/IT/servizi/motore-orario.aspx - though it's not showing me the fares at the moment. I think the fare is around €6. Changes can be at Saronno, but also at Gallarate or Busto Arsizio. The Info column on the Trenord website will show the change station for each connection.

I think there is no bus.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,266 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malpensa airport to varese

There definitely is no direct service (either by bus or train).

There WILL be a direct train service from Malpensa to Lugano (via Varese) after completion of a new rail line North of Varese - check back around end 2014 for that.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malpensa airport to varese

No direct service and the train will be easier than the bus if it's your first time in the area.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malpensa airport to varese

We're coming to the Masters Rowing event at Lake Varese in September. Personnel at our hotel (Relais sul Lago) tell us that there is NO bus service to the town of Varese from the lake area because the "roads are torn up" -- does anyone know about this situation?

the highlands
Level Contributor
15 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malpensa airport to varese

you can get the train from varese nord to gavirate on the north western side of lake varese, takes about 15 minutes.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,266 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malpensa airport to varese

#5 - the train to Gavirate would be an excellent idea... if the hotel were in Gavirate, but it is within the Varese town limits, therefore the train is useless in this case. The town is only a few km uphill from the lake, I have no idea about buses beiong disrupted by road works, but in the worst case scenario a taxi ride should be doable and not too expensive.

7. Re: malpensa airport to varese

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Varese