We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vulcano to Stromboli for sunset hike up volcano and return

Which Stromboli hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodford Halse...
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vulcano to Stromboli for sunset hike up volcano and return

Hi all I am new here but trying to find some info on travel options and possibilities between the island of Vulcano and Stromboli.

We are thinking of staying at Therasia on Vulcano and would also like to take a trip to Stromboli to hike up for the sunset on the sumit to watch the "fireworks", and ideally return to Vulcano after descending.

Does anyone know if it is possible to return to Vulcano after descending the volcano on Stromboli on the same night? I guess what I am asking is are there plenty of ferries that run from Stromboli to Vulcano late at night? You may not know but thought I'd ask! Can private ferries be organised?

Kind regards

Daniel

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Vulcano to Stromboli for sunset hike up volcano and return

Hello,

I have seen a post above that talks of excursions to Stomboli. We are looking to climb Stromboli but am finding it hard to coordinate flights, ferries etc.

Does anyone know of any excursions from Palermo (or close by) that would maybe be a day trip?

We would like to stay in Sicily and then go across to Stromboli for a night to climb the volcano but then getting to/from stromboli in a weekend is looking to be difficult!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,055 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Vulcano to Stromboli for sunset hike up volcano and return

Palermo surely isn't a base for day tripping to Stromboli!

When ?

Ustica Lines runs a once daily seasonal crossing from Palermo to Stromboli, and also to Lipari, where you could take an excursion to Strmboli, but it would require an overnight on the Aeolinas.

http://www.usticalines.it/

Tarnav runs an excursion from Milazzo, but Milazzo is a long train ride from Palermo, and then you would take the AST bus from Milazzo's train station to Milazzo's port.

www.minicrociere.tarnav.it/minicruises/

And depending on the time of year, you might reach Stromboli from Naples.

Vagabonda

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Vulcano to Stromboli for sunset hike up volcano and return

haha I didnt realise Palermo was not the best base! I have just struggled to fit it all in to get to Stromboli and it seemed like Palermo might be a good place to base as its bigger than Lipari?

We wanted to spend a day either side exploring where ever we are, and then the day / night on Stromboli. Main concern was travel time and where we could fly into from London.

Would be looking at perhaps early May?

14. Re: Vulcano to Stromboli for sunset hike up volcano and return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 29, 2015