We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Stromboli?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
2 days in Stromboli?

Hi!!

We are planning to go to Sicily, spending one night in Stromboli, actually we already booked the hotel there, we will make a night treck and check out the next day.

My question is: is there anything else to do the day after? we can take the midday ferry (if there is nothing else to do) or the evening ferry (if there are more paths to explore).

The thing is it seems to be pretty difficult to go through the island, and if we are not going to be able to move, we´d rather come back to Palermo or Catania...

any help??

thanks a mill!!

Miriam

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Stromboli?

Stromboli is a pretty small island. Once you've walked from one end of the road to the other and hiked the volcano you've about explored it and could have done it if you've arrived on the morning of your hike up to the volcano.

Not sure what your interests are. For some a quiet day on the beach and a leisurely meal would be nice for the day after the hike. Regarding night life I saw that there's a bar near the church that was pretty lively on a night I was there.

I didn't understand your comment that it's difficult to 'go through the island and if we are not going to be able to move'???. Do you mean to get to somewhere else from Stromboii? Getting to either Catania or Palermo will take a few hours of travel time from Stromboli so if you leave on the mid day ferry it will be late afternoon or possibly evening before you arrive, depending upon which city you decide to go to especially if you are planning to make bus or train connections once in Sicily.

Or will you have a car waiting for you by the ferry in Sicily? That could make a big difference in when you leave Stromboli and when you arrive in either Palermo or Catania.

Enjoy the hike. I did

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,694 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Stromboli?

Welcome to Sicily Selkit!

You could explore the narrow alleys of the village, swim black volcanic sand beaches, and take a Stromboli-by-Night boat tour or hire a boat during the day to Sciara del Fuoco,and reach points on the island only accessible by boat.

aasteolie.191.it/_Stromboli/Menu_Stromboli_I…

Vagabonda

3. Re: 2 days in Stromboli?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:40 am, June 21, 2013