We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spoleto festival 2013

Seeheim-Jugenheim...
1 post
2 reviews
Spoleto festival 2013

Are there already some details (program and timetable) known about the Spoleto festival 2013? I would like to visit Spoleto during the festival and hear some concerts, esp. in front of the cathedral. Can somebody help me? Thank you!

Peter Lämmel, Germany

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

this is the festival's official website

http://www.festivaldispoleto.com/

they are always very late in publishing the program though, there will be nothing before next spring.

Brockville, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
2. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Actually, the program comes out in January and everything will be online. You can get tickets online as well. It's www.spoletousa.org and it's wonderful. We go every year.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,702 posts
226 reviews
3. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Hi ilsfeld

The link above is for the Spoleto festival in the USA not in Italy. The link given by Madonna above is the correct one to use and I can also agree that details are posted quite late. We visited during the festival this year and there was a fantastic atmosphere about the town.

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Here are the dates; June 28 to July 14th, 2013

Here are the events so far:

Alessandra Ferri - Back to Dance on Stage

Concerto Finale Galà Verdi Wagner

Benjamin Millepied con L.A. Dance Project

Il Mark Morris Dance Group

UN LIBRO FOTOGRAFICO CELEBRA LA RINASCITA DEL FESTIVAL

01/03/2013

7 MARZO 2013 DANIELA DESSÌ IN RECITAL AL PARCO DELLA MUSICA

Johannesburg...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Thanks Iartista for that information, anybody know anything else worth doing / attend during that time??? I'm arranging a trip for 6/8 people at work.

Anybody with public transport information? I was once on a website and I saw something about an urban bus that you can buy a tag and load for trip - do they still have?

My guests might stay at Hotel San Luca, is it a good one? and how far is it from the actual venue of the festival?

They will come by train from the airport to Spoleto and will rely on public transportation for their entire stay. Which hours do your public transport move around? (Not maxi taxi's but actual public taxis).

I'll appreciate any info on attractions.

I've identified Ponte delle Torri, Bridge of the Towers, Casa Romana & the Roman Theater so far.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

The San Luca Hotel is indeed a good one. We stayed there on our first trip to Spoleto...however, it is at the bottom of the hill while the old town center is rather a vertical climb upward! Try to grab some rooms at Palazzo Dragoni, it is up in the old town and is simply marvelous and convenient to many piazzas and restaurants. The venues are spread out and not in the same place...but most seem to be in the old town. Spoleto is our favorite...do not even think of missing Tempio del Gusto restaurant!

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
7. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

I have a modern art walking tour listed here for Spoleto Historical Center. Montiflaco wine tasting but it gets expensive unless YOU rent a driver for the day for them... There is a great chocolate shop next Piazza Garibaldi where I bring my friends... they get home made ice cream, chocolate liquors and my favorite sipping prosecco outside.Cioccolateria Mirco della Vecchia di Grazia Pastore, Via dei Gesuiti 10 (Piazzetta dell'Erba), 06049 Spoleto PG, "spoleto@negoziodicioccolato.it"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcEfriZc15M

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

this video list art sights and walking tours... I AM AN MODERN ART NUT... so you need to know that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7QVDVqCqvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UPShLghfSA

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g194924-c174657/Spo…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g194924-c174660/Spo…

Spoleto, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
9. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Their is the leonardo express from the airport. they go to Roma Termini and then come up to Spoleto. Ideally they take the D or the B (I am nor sure right now) from the train station or take a tax for 12 to 15 euros to their hotel. Francesca

Johannesburg...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Spoleto festival 2013

Thanks guys, is Palazzo Dragoni 4*? I need a 4star place for my guests. I'd appreciate any other suggestions.