We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
11 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Storage in Sestriere

Exactly where is the ski storage facility in Sestriere if you want to store skis poles and boots near the slopes. Is it by the Ski Scuola or further across near the Rent Nollegio hut on the way up from the Olympic village. Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Storage in Sestriere

I have just come back from Sestriere, and guess that by now you have your question answered!!!!! For the record we kept our skis etc right on the very front where we hired it. straight out onto the snow and right by the ski school meeting place. However it cost us 20 euros each for the week. Other friends hired skis in the building above - up the metal steps and along, and they paid 20 euros for a lockier for all four of them for a week!!!! Anyway I hope you enjoyed it. We did.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
11 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Storage in Sestriere

Thank you for the info I did indeed find the storage place next to ski school and think I paid 15 or 20 euros for the week I had also hired skis from there excellent skis. Yes the holiday was brilliant even if I did experience a few bumps and bruises. All part of the learning curve! Roll on next year

Dublin
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Storage in Sestriere

Just searching for ideas for skiing holiday over new year - saw Sestriere in a brochure... would you recommend for a family - we've skiied for 4 or 5 years so would like good snow / plenty of variety etc... How did you find the location?

Any accomodation recommendations?

thanks

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
11 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Storage in Sestriere

There are pleny of intermediate runs. Easy runs down to Borgata plenty of skiing routes if you are fairly confident can take the cable car up to Mt Fraiteve and ski over o Sansicario and Sauxe d'Oulx. Or I skied with our class up Banchetta and Alpette. These are reds and I have only skied for 2 years. Check out via lattea website o get ski map of area. Over in France nearby is Montgenevre and there are more blues greens and reds there. Also black and moguls in Sestriere area but doubt you want these.How old are the family? The nightlife isn't much in Sestriere and we stay at the Olympic Village self catering it is basic but also has a pool and exercise area but I understand there is a good hotel Hotel du Col where you can ski out ono he snow near he ski school depends on what you want and budget. The ski school is good and I have hired skis from snowbrainer website before I go hey are excellent and the place is right next to Ski school. There is also ice rink (I haven't used it too busy skiing) skidoo and husky rides in area plus possible snowshoe walks. Hope this is useful

k1k
ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski Storage in Sestriere

Have you had any luck with accommodation? We are a family group, all adults, looking for apartments in the area for New Year.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
11 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski Storage in Sestriere

We normally stay at the Olympic village apartments quite basic but ok for us. There is a walk uphill to the slopes and ski school unless you are intermediate upwards and can take the chair lift across the road to Alpette and ski down. I understand that Club Med have good accommodation but have no personal experience of staying there. Also over New Year you may wish for something more than basic.

7. Re: Ski Storage in Sestriere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 27, 2011