We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sestri Levante

Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Sestri Levante

We're planning a visit to the Florence/Sienna/Cinque Terra area and would like to rent a car for the Sienna/Tuscany area. What is the best way to get from Florence to Sestri Levante and from there to Sienna? Is there a train out of Florence? Can we rent a car in Sestri Levante and use it for several days in Sienna and the surrounding area? Would appreciate any help with this ... also planning several days in Venice, but will work that into the rest of the time we have. Thanks!!

a traveller in...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Sestri Levante

Hello Ellie ,

why not rent the car at Avis in Siena. I´ve done it twice. As for the trains: visit trenitalia and check the routes. A very satisfying site. When in Siena stay at B&B St. Francesco check it out on www.booking.com. Very nice place, a minus was there was no airconditioning. This place is very close to Piazza del Campo and very close to Avis, it takes you less than 10 minutes to get there on foot.

This year I`ll visit Sestri L. I want to show my friend Cinque Terre, where I´ve stayed twice.

Best wishes from an Italian fan!

2. Re: Sestri Levante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sestri Levante