We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fano, Senigallia, or ?

Which Senigallia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
123 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Fano, Senigallia, or ?

On our week-long venture into Le Marche, we'll be driving from Urbino to Macerata. Per mappy.com, the best route is east along the coast.

We'll be travelling in late September, and we're usually not beach people. But if we wanted to spend some time in a town on the coast on our way to Macerata, and possibly time our travel to have lunch by the ocean, what would be a good town to stop in? Any good lunch suggestions are welcome. We'd be looking for great seafood, right on the ocean if possible, mid-range in price.

In checking out some foodie posts on a different forum, I showed my husband the website for Le Voci del Mare, in Porto Recanati (http://www.levocidelmare.it/). It's a bit out of our way, but would that be a good possibility for scenary and food? I'd rather stop further north, if we could find something that seems similar.

angiulet
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fano, Senigallia, or ?

hi

you should stop in senigallia. it is a very very nice little beach resort. it has both beautiful velvet beach and a fascinating historical center. late sept will be a little to cold to spend time on the beach though (swimming and all), but you said that you're not beach people, so i think you would really enjoy just a walk on the promenade. that time of the year is cold for swimming but it great to hang out in the beach. during the summer time the seaside is FULL of great places to have lunch/dinner (especially for seafood dishes), but i'm afraid that in late sept some of them are going to be already closed. check this web site …senigallia.an.it/senigalliaTurismoEn/seniga…

a list of restaurant on the seaside (east beach) or historic center (downtown).

ciao

2. Re: Fano, Senigallia, or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Senigallia