We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski passes and equipment rental

Merseyside
Level Contributor
34 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Ski passes and equipment rental

Hi. We're skiing over New Year in Selva. Not been before. As beginner/intermediates, do we need a Dolomiti Superski pass, or will a Val Gardena pass be suffcient for 5 days skiing. I assume we'll need photos for the pass, as in Courchevel - is this correct?

Also can anyone recommend a good equipment hire shop.

Many thanks.

MazP.

Val Gardena
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Passo Sella
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Gardena Pass
Scenic Drives, Lookouts, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
802 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski passes and equipment rental

Hi MazP

For the skipass, the question is just how beginner/intermediate you are. If you do opt for the local pass, there's plenty to do in the valley for a week, but the Sella Ronda is rated as an intermediate ski and for that you do need the Superski pass. The difference in price between the local area and Superski pass is less than €20 for a week, and if you do decide t go out of the valley for the day you'll need to by a day pass, which usually cost about €25 depending on the season. So, unless you're COMPLETE beginners I'd recommend getting the area pass - it really is the best value.

You don't need a photo for adult passes of 6 days or less, and for any other passes (children, 7 or more days etc) they use a digital camera to take your photo there and then.

There are several hire shops in the village, all theorectically charging the same price, so I guess you'd be best going to the place nearest your accomodation. I can't really recommend as I work for one shop and my brother in law runs another, so it wouldn't be unbiased!

Hope this helps, have fun

Merseyside
Level Contributor
34 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski passes and equipment rental

Thanks for your info Dolomite Daisy. I'll go for the Superski pass as you suggest.

3. Re: Ski passes and equipment rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Selva di Val Gardena