We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selva - week beginning of Sept

Which Selva di Val Gardena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Selva - week beginning of Sept

We're thinking of a week in Selva for some hiking and mountain biking. Is it easy to get around without a car or is there plenty to do from the resort? Also, are there some decent mountain bike hire places in the town itself? It would save taking our own with us if just for a couple of days. Thanks for any info, it's a good offer we're interested in booking but can't find much info. online.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selva - week beginning of Sept

Selva is so gorgeous - you will love it. I'm sorry I can't answer your mountain bike question, but your lodgings should be able to.

A week without a car might be a long time. But if you love to hike and bike, you could do that every day for a year. There is a bus system that will take you to various gondolas for hiking.

We rented a car in Bolzano, so the drive was short.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
745 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selva - week beginning of Sept

Hello,

you'll be fine for a week in Selva without a car. There's a decent bus service and most of the lifts will still be open.

There are a couple of places where you can hire bikes in town. Alex Giorgi at the top end of town and Dolomiti Adventures in the middle of town. I don't know how prices compare but they both have good equipment.

DD

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selva - week beginning of Sept

Hi,

I think you may find this "report" VERY helpful for staying in Selva (and the Val Gardena in general) without a car:

fodors.com/community/europe/live-trip-report…

Here's a schedule for the lifts/cable cars in the Val Gardena:

www.valgardena.it/en/lifts/page65.html

I came across this site for bike rentals:

www.dolomiti-adventures.info/en/s_index.html

For more info check:

www.val-gardena.com

Paul

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selva - week beginning of Sept

Thanks folks, it's all booked so on countdown now. Thanks so much for everyone's advice.

5. Re: Selva - week beginning of Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 27, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Selva di Val Gardena