We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scalea Care Hire/Rentals

Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scalea Care Hire/Rentals

I'm having a problem renting a car in Scalea. One of the reasons is I need a 7 passenger vehicle and they must be ordered. I've tried CarHire3000 and Budget - but neither can confirm a vehicle. Any suggestions? Could anyone recmmend of a driver I could hire (with a van!) in case I can't rent a vehicle? We're a party of six and want to visit Verbicaro and San Pietro from Scalea.

Thanks -

California
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Scalea Care Hire/Rentals

The closet place to rent a vehicle that size is in Maratea ( approx 20 minutes north)

I'm was born in Verbicaro and have homes in Verbicaro and Scalea ( inherited) and we go there with my family every 2-3 years or so.....

HOw come you are familiar with Verbicaro?

Columbus, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Scalea Care Hire/Rentals

Thanks for the advice - I think I might have found a driver but did manage to reserve two small vehicles from Budget in Scalea. My husband and my father can drive manual vehicles - but they're not used to it. I know the drive is up in the mountains - any advice that might make the drive better/easier?

My mother's family is from Verbicaro. They left almost 100 years ago and they never wanted to come back. I'm not even sure they even missed it -but I really want to see it and experience it. Her paternal family is Felici/Berlingieri. Her maternal family is Gallo/Peri.

The village looks so beautiful (have you seen http://stevefazzio.com/Verbicaro.html)? There are some fantastic pictures there.

Do you know of anyone there that might be able to show us the village? It would be great to be able to meet someone there. We would certainly compensate them for their time. We plan to be in Verbicaro on July 28th.

3. Re: Scalea Care Hire/Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scalea