We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sant'Agnmello Night Life

Glasgow
1 post
Save Topic
Sant'Agnmello Night Life

My husband and I would like to know what Sant'Agnello is like in the evenings. As long as there are some cafes where we can sit and watch the world go by we will be happy - no need for busy pubs / night clubs. How easy is it to get into Sorrento from here?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,839 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

I have not stayed there for a couple of years, it was quite quiet, there are Bars, but not a lot of watching the World go by, but nice enough there are BBuses also a Train to Sorrento, it is walkable but the Road is busy, not a lot doing but a nice enough place there are shops, for any thing you may need,

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

Hi There,

We're going to Sant'Angello on the 27th and would be keen to find out about night life too-have you been yet? We too are fine with some nice bars or cafes so if you found any please let us know!

Birmingham UK
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

Hi weddingtraveller

We are going to Sant'Agnello on the 27th as well for Ann's 70th birthday. We will be staying at Hotel Alpha. It will be our first time in Sant'agnello but we were in Sorrento (3mins on the train) a couple of years ago and there are plenty of bars and cafes there. Piazza Tasso is the place to people watch.

John and Ann

Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
944 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

As most of Agnello stayers go to Sorrento there is not much 'life' in A except around train station

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,817 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

In Italy dinners starts at 7 pm. I mean really starts. Restaurants close between Lunch (1-3 pm) and dinner. One's evening is taken up on getting to the restaurant, eating there and returning to lodging. This can take til 10 pm often.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,817 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

There is a cirumvesuvaiana stop in Sant'Agnello and there is shopping in Sorrento unitil 9 pm. Last Circumvesuviana train leaves Sorrento at 10-10:30 pm.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

Can anyone tell me if all Naples-Sorrento circumvesuvia trains, ie locals and express, stop in S'ant Agnello and vice versa. Thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,839 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

The trains all stop at each Station on the line,

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

It seems to me that last time I was there, four years ago, that they also ran an express every hour or so which cut about 20 minutes off the time. I know it stopped at Scavi but am not certain if it then went directly to Sorrento or stopped at a few other stops. I know that we flew by a few stops and that it was faster than normal

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,817 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sant'Agnmello Night Life

I stayed in Pompei in 2006 for 10days right by the Circumvesuviana stop. we went every where from that stop. We went to Sorrento almost every night and returned to Pompei. All the trains we were on stopped at every stop.

In 2007 we stayed in Sorrento and also traveled a lot on the circumvesuvina. it stopped at every stop.