We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

save money on ski extras sauze d'oulx 2011

Which Sauze d'Oulx hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Watford, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
save money on ski extras sauze d'oulx 2011

The Jones/ Macdonald families

Flew out from gatwick last Sunday 19 December 2010, just made it so here we are in sauze d'oulx and we love it. Snow conditions are great and it keeps snowing so if you are on your way here for New year week you will have even better snow.

People are really friendly and everybody speak english, ski school is excellent, pizza and pasta fantastic, hotel good value for money and breakfast and dinner excellent......oh yes that is at the Gran Baita hotel.

So far so good you would say....well not exactly I am actually sitting here in a bar that offers wifi for free and writing this review because I am so angry at having been ripped off by Crystal with their pre booking prices. This is going on all the forums I can find, and read on on and you will not blame me for it.

We are 2 families traveling together, I opted to pre book all and pay £177 x 2 adult lift pass,1 x 7 year old free, 1x 9 year old £115 total lift pass £469 plus 2 x adult 2 x child ski and boot £264 plus 4 x ski school £444 all in all a massive big total of £1177.

My friend was a little bit cleverer then I am and booked everything on line with skiinitaly.com for less then 12% of what it cost me for exactly the same (if not better ski equipment) for only €1180 thats the equivalent of £1032, so their family has an extra £145 to spend in resort and also paid for everything once he got here whilst I have pre booked 8months ago!!

So if you are coming to Sauze d'oulx you will have a great time but just contact Christine@skiinitaly.com and book all your extras direct with her, 12% cheaper nowadays is a lot of money especially with a family of 4

Billingshurst...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: save money on ski extras sauze d'oulx 2011

Prebooking in advance always a risk however can get some good deals if shop around. We booked online with Crystal getting excellent 2 for 1 lift pass deal. Found skiinitaly.com's claims about local prices to be somewhat exagerated if not downright wrong. Don't be fooled by the big discounts they are claiming can be made against locally advertised prices

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: save money on ski extras sauze d'oulx 2011

As Snowy says all is not what it seems and you need to also consider a few hard facts when comparing the 2 companies.

One is fully legal the other not for a start !!

What you need to consider is that Crystal is a tour operator and therefore fully legal to offer and sell the services they offer.

Ski In Italy that you mention is simply an individual with no legal documents to offer what she offers in a legal way. This is why you have to pay at the shop direct etc.

Now if something goes wrong and you have an issue with the ski packs etc Crystal are insured Ski in Italy is not so you might as well deal direct with the vendors in this case.

The website also by Italian law should have its tax code listed and so in Italy this is also illegal.

It is often easy to hit out at the legal guys and praise the ones who are cheaper but not offering you peace of mind if things go wrong.

Obviously the company you mention will take your bookings and pass them on and will also get her share from the suppliers but all very illegal to offer transfers, hotels etc in Italy if you do not hold a license to do so.

So although a saving may be useful in resort it is unfair to compare a legal and an illegal outfit.

Sauze d'Oulx, Italy
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: save money on ski extras sauze d'oulx 2011

Dear Ecosseresurgam

Not sure why you always seem to be upset about me and actually say things that are not correct. We have already had this discussion last April 2009, where I clearly explained what I do, how I explain my web site and my tripadvisor status, and that I am not a travel agent, nor a tour operator, nor do I accept any money.....

' Skiinitaly.com will look after co-ordinating all your bookings and payments.I act as a booking agency for the operators present on this web site, and your booking will be accepted directly by them

I am only a web based booking agency offering information of services available on behalf of local small businesses. All monies are exchanged between the client and the supplier as clearly indicated on my web site, and as you well know each supplier being an italian company with a tax code and with their own insurance are legal

this is the link to the topic last April 2009, for your information

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g194891-i8412-k2…

to Snowy12391

The local advertised prices on my web site are a true picture of prices in resort at the start of the season and you are free to compare with other sites offering the same products and what they claim the resort price is (i.e ski set, snowbrainer etc), and so my working of the possible discount are based on these, this does not mean cheaper prices cannot be found whilst shopping around, especially in low season, however I am sure that the final price quoted is very low anyway, and it is the final price paid that counts......I know for a fact that locally I do offer the cheapest price for the lift pass, and seeing that no ones pays anything in advance when booking with skiinitaly.com no monies are lost and no deposits or cancellation fees are asked for, then everyone is free to change their mind once they get here, and they can go elsewhere if they find cheaper rates

Christine from skiinitaly.com

4. Re: save money on ski extras sauze d'oulx 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, November 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sauze d'Oulx