We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Bergamo to riva del Garda

Which Riva Del Garda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Bergamo to riva del Garda

Hi there, we are going to riva del garda in July and wondering how to get there from bergamo airport. Was thinking of getting shuttle bus to Brescia but I have looked at timetables for onward journey to riva and I think the last bus is 1710 - is this correct? My flight arrives in bergamo at 1610 so would not make this connection ... Any advice?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Bergamo to riva del Garda

Hi, as you have discovered public transport around the lake does not run late making late arrivals and transfers very difficult. If you were on time landing and got out of the airport very quickly, you could possible catch a train from Bergamo to Peschiera del Garda just after 5 pm, but again the last bus to Riva leaves at 7.30pm - and that is assuming that the timetable for this year will be the same as last, something we won't know until early June. The complete journey to Riva is going to take over 3 hours.

You could ask your hotel if they can arrange transfers, but because of the distance to Riva these are still likely to be quite expensive. Private transfer companies charge around 430 euros return.

Have you thought about car hire? A small car in July would cost around £160 for a week and would certainly be worth it even if you only used it to get to and from the airpor.

Another alternative would be just to get a B & B close to the airport and travel to Riva the following day.

Edited: 10:26 am, January 19, 2013
Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Bergamo to riva del Garda

Thanks for you reply - I am thinking car hire is probably the way to go. Was trying to avoid this as I haven't driven abroad before but I think this should be fine, many thanks!

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Bergamo to riva del Garda

possibility1:

- bergamo train station to peschiera del garda after than taxi or bus

possibility2:

- bergamo train station to verona station change to rovereto train station after than taxi or bus

( www.taxi-verona.it )

( www.taxirivadelgarda.it )

( www.ttesercizio.it )

( www.apt.vr.it )

( www.trasportibrescia.it )

(www.trenitalia.com)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Bergamo to riva del Garda

Hi Shirley

We used this company http://www.gardatransferservice.com/ for a transfer from Verona to Riva last August, they were recommended by the hotel. They are very good, nice guys, punctual and good drivers. Their prices were below what we had seen elsewhere on the web - we needed 2 vehicles for a wedding party of 10. I hope this helps and in any event you will love Riva:-)

Cheers

Mark

5. Re: Travelling from Bergamo to riva del Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 19, 2015