We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking information - Riva del Garda

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Parking information - Riva del Garda

We are hoping to hire a car from Verona Airport and drive to Riva del Garda for a week in early May...

Our hotel doesnt have parking facilities so we're going to need to find somewhere to park the car for a week. We will be coming and going of course, so the car wont be static for a whole 7 days but I'm concious that we dont want hire a car and then have to leave it miles from wherever we are staying.

Does anybody know what the parking situation is like in Riva?

Is there ample parking or are we going to stuggle to find somewhere everyday? We dont mind paying to park if its needed (within reason)...

Any info would be much appreciated... I've searched the internet and emailed the tourist info centre but they dont seem to understand my question... or they dont want to answer it?!!!!

Thanks

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

It shouldn't be too busy early in May but it really depends on whereabouts your hotel is. There are a few quite large car parks in Riva with charges but you may find somewhere on-street. Have you asked your hotel for any suggestions?

You can download a map of Riva here, which shows car parks:

www.gardatrentino.it/cms-01.00/articolo.asp…

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

Thats really helpful, thank you :)

I have contacted the hotel and although they are trying to be helpful, I'm not sure they understand my question... I think they said they have an agreement with another hotel for parking but its limited. I just wanted to make sure I had alternatives if needed!

The map is really helpful; we're staying in the Antico Borgo, the map looks like there are a few parking places nearby.

Do you know if the car parks allow overnight parking?

Thank you :)

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

Sorry, I don't know if car parks allows overnight parking but I'm sure that at least some of them will. One of the last reviewers for the Hotel also had a car, maybe you could send them a message and find out where they parked.

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

Good idea!!

Thanks for your help... I know I'm probably over thinking it... I just dont want to be stuck once we get there?!!

Kent, United Kingdom
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

Hi - we are staying at Antico Borgo in May too and have the same question. We also want to hire a car at Verona and park in Riva. If you find out the situation could you let me know too? I've tried to contact the hotel about what car parking arrangements they have and they said there is a public car park 250 meters from the hotel but did not say how much it would cost to park. So would also appreciate some further info

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

Hello

I am in the same situation, the hotel is being rather unhelpful.

I am wondering if anyone ever found out about public car parks?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

Hi,

Can you tell me how you got on and where did you end up parking?

Was there overnight parking and how much did it cost?

Thanks,

Ra Kinnearrs

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

Hi,

Can you tell me how you got on and where did you end up parking?

Was there overnight parking and how much did it cost?

Thanks,

Ra Kinnearrs

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

To help anyone in future with this topic - there are several car parks in Riva del Garda. You have to pay for all of them that we found. Most of the hotels in the old town area have reserved spaces in the car parks, which again you have to pay for. We were staying at the Antico Borgo, they have spaces in the Terme Romana car park, no more than a 5 minute walk from the hotel, and charged 12 euro/day which probably works out a little cheaper than using the regular pay car parks and is very secure.

Generally we found no free parking anywhere around the area, though, in early May at least, parking spaces were plentiful, charges ranged from 1 to 2.5 euro/hr.

On a related topic, the tolls from the airport were 3.90 euro each way.

Having a car is probably not necessary and is an expensive option - though for us the convenience over using buses would win every time.

10. Re: Parking information - Riva del Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Riva Del Garda