We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rail travel

devon uk
1 post
Save Topic
rail travel

Where is the nearest rail acess to RivaDel Garda and what facilities are there

to reach the railhead

Santa Barbara Church
Churches & Cathedrals, Sacred & Religious Sites
Old Ponale Road Path
Hiking Trails, Biking Trails, Scenic Walking Areas
Valle di Ledro
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Bastion
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rail travel

The main line from Milan to Venice passes the south of the lake stopping at Desenzano and Peschiera(www.trenitalia.it). You can get a boat up the lake taking about 90 minutes (www.navigazionelaghi.it). I don't know if there is a more northerly line that comes closer.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rail travel

It is 60Km up Lake Garda from Desenzano to Riva.

Trento also has a station and is 30Km north of Riva.

There is a line from Verona to Trento.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rail travel

nearest station is rovereto, trains from verona, there is a bus service and a taxi rank at the station to get to riva. No decent facility's there- the toilets are poor and the cafe across the road still has the hole in the ground loo's. The bus takes 30mins approx and is very cheap taxi cost about 40euro's last summer.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: rail travel

no train station in Riva nearest station is Rovereto which you get to via Verona. There is then a bus from outside Rovereto station or a taxi- bus is very cheap. Bus takes about 30mins.

Southampton
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rail travel

I am trying to make my way from Milan Bergamo airport and have gathered that a main rail route stops at Desenzano from Milan Statione Centrale. My ultimate destination is near Salo on the west side of Lake Garda. Is anyone aware if this same main rail link will stop at Milan Bergamo airport and save me time and money going into Milan?

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rail travel

To get from Bergamo Airport to Salo,

I don't think there is a train in from Bergamo airport, you'll have to get a bus, check under destinations on the website for the airline you are using.

From Bergamo centre, the trenitalia.com website says you have to change at Rovato or Brescia to get from Bergamo to Desenzano.

The boats from Desenzano call at Salo.

Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: rail travel

Hi,

I need to get from Bergamo to Riva del Garda by public transport.

Ideas anyone please?