We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping & Weather

Fairbanks Alaska
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping & Weather

I will be in Riva Del Garda for the World Cup Oct 12-22nd. I am also hoping to get to Venice. Is it very difficult to book a trip to Venice? I read that there is some shopping in Riva Del Garda but are they places to get things like material, Murano Glass etc.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed the forcast for the weather is not correct. I am really hoping for some warm weather and sunshine. From the pictures everyone has posted it looks like a beautiful place.

Mentioned in this post
Riva Del Garda
Riva Del Garda
Province of Trento, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping & Weather

I arrived in Riva del Garda today and it is beautiful and the weather is perfect!

Mentioned in this post
Riva Del Garda
Riva Del Garda
Province of Trento, Italy
Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping & Weather

regarding Murano glass shop in Riva there is a shop in Piazza III Novembre next to the Apponale Tower

Fairbanks Alaska
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping & Weather

Thanks for the information on the Murano Glass. I hope you are having a great time in Riva.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping & Weather

Hi,the shop behind the Apponale Tower is called Piccola Venezia. It's a small place but has some nice pieces of glass. There's also another shop for glassware close by. As you come out of Piccola Venezia, turn right and walk past the front of the Hotel Centrale. The shop is on the corner of the Piazza and Via Fiume.

You don't need to book a trip to Venice, you can easily get there by a combination of local bus and train (I think I gave you the links on another post). Take the bus from Riva to either Peschiera del Garda or Verona, then the train to Venice.

Riva is a beautiful place, I hope the weather is kind to you.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Peschiera del Garda
Peschiera del Garda
Province of Verona, Italy
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
60 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping & Weather

Hope you enjoyed your time in Riva. Wasn't the weather great, such an added bonus. Hope you enjoyed the tkd world cup, even if the hall was somewhat crowded.

6. Re: Shopping & Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 09, 2009