We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

St Annes
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

Hi all, just a little advice needed. We booked the feeling luise months ago and got a really good deal through priceline for 2 junior suites. The hotel knew there are 6 of us, 2adults and 4 teens. Our intention is for my husband to stay in one room with the boys (my son and his best friend) and for me to stay in the other with the girls(my daughter and her best friend) The hotel have just told us we cannot have 3 beds in each room which poses us a problem as the boys would not share a double even though the girls will. We are considering transferring to the du lac et du parc as we can get 2 triple rooms for not much more at all but the rooms would be standard without a balcony. Would you lot transfer?

Santa Barbara Church
Churches & Cathedrals, Sacred & Religious Sites
Valle di Ledro
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Old Ponale Road Path
Hiking Trails, Biking Trails, Scenic Walking Areas
The Bastion
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,323 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

Hi, I think I would be tempted to transfer to the Du Lac et Du Parc, not least because it's meant to be the best hotel in Riva. If they're able to give you triple rooms for not much more than you'd be paying at the Feeling Luise then I'd say go for it.

The entrance to the Du Lac et Du Parc is on the main road but the grounds at the back are extensive (duck ponds etc) and stretch right down to the beach on the lake-side. I think there's a gate giving direct access to the beach.

Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

Feeling louise is a nice enough hotel but when we stayed there 2 months ago, there was a lot of building work going on out the back and so very noisy from 7.30 a.m.

I think the du lac will be better.

Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

Just back from Du Lac (3 nights July 2007). Great Hotel with huge outdoor (covered) breakfast patio serving all things conceivable. Excellent (almost gourmet) evening dining, and generally terrific facilities including superb outdoor and indoor pools.

We had a large bedroom with balcony overlooking the extensive gardens. I don't think you can see the lake from many of the bedrrooms despite the fact that the Hotel park runs right down to the lakeside.

Only drawback roomwise, appeared to be the "bungalows" , which didn't look overly private ....but I may be wrong about that.

Book this one with confidence!

Riva del Garda
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

I'd definitely choose the Du Lac. It' s a oasis of peace and quietness, the gardens are heavenly, I really love that place.

I can tell you there is no comparison between the two: the athmosphere, the service and the facilities you find at Du Lac cannot be found anywhere else in Riva.

Another charming hotel, more quiet and right in town center is Liberty, a very classic place with impeccable service

Volterra, Italy
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

Try www.hotelvillaenrica.com

Lovely hotel.

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

We have just come back from Du lac et du parc, with food poisoning, that is both my wife and myself. Yes, the hotel should get the benefit of the doubt, but we only had one other meal out, both different. The only other meals were on the Thompson plane, but that was very hot and tasty.Having had enough of re heated food on cold plates served as the main course for dinner by about the 3rd day, I wrote and formally complained to the Manager, advising him of the possible problems I would get this week when I got home, bacteria growth in such instances & food hygene etc. The response from his office was zilch!. The internet "in the room" service did not work in our part of the hotel, the TV worked when it wanted to, only 1 English speaking TV station that disapeared for days on end, AC was innefective, room fan was too noisy. And this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel!!!The internet in the reception is a scam, did i get any where with the madam in reception over this, no. See other sites for comments on their reception staff, quite a reputation. Would i go again no, would I recomend to a friend, no. Rgds, Ron, discokid123@yahoo.com

7. Re: Hotel du lac et du parc v Feeling luise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, September 07, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question