We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon ravello or positano

Which Ravello hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
11 posts
Save Topic
honeymoon ravello or positano

i would like to ask is there anyone who could tell me more about ravello how is there is there a lot of restaurants or is small vilage and we must stay in the hotel only please help us to dicide where to go positano or ravello or maybe capri

thanx

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,390 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon ravello or positano

Well, if it is a deciding factor, Ravello is one of the few villages along the Amalfi Coast that is set up away from the coast...gorgeous views, though.

Positano is lovely, and has a smallish beach, with good connections by bus and ferry to Capri and the rest of the AC.

Capri is lovely, but if you want to wander the AC, than perhaps stay on the AC.

Up to you...

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,390 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon ravello or positano

DK Eyewitness Travel Series has an excellent book on Naples and the Amalfi Coast. It would be well worth the investment.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon ravello or positano

I agree about getting the guidebook. I choose to stay in Positano or Capri but everyone has their own personal preference. On the Amalfi Coast, I like to be within easy walking distance to the beach/sea; from Ravello, that is not the case. You need to get a bus or taxi down to the villages along the sea or, walk of course, which is not a short walk.

There are restaurants in Ravello but Amalfi and Positano are the two largest villages on the AC and will have more choices. You won't, however, have to stay in your hotel to eat if you choose Ravello.

Here are two blogs (one is just a daily photo of Positano; the other a blog - neither of which are mine) just to give you a flavor of the area and the Positano one offers some beautiful photos for all days/months of the year so you can get an idea of the village:

http://positanodailyphoto.blogspot.com/

http://www.ciaoamalfi.com/

I also love Capri - www.capri.net for some info/hotels/what to do, etc.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon ravello or positano

If it were me, I would stay in Positano and from there visit Ravello as well as other spots along the AC.

I would also suggest staying at least one night on Capri itself.

Enjoy1

5. Re: honeymoon ravello or positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 09, 2012