We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Sorrento!

Which Ravello hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Getting married in Sorrento!

I got married in Sorrento last year at The Villa Fondi. I just wanted to let those of you looking for a wedding abroad know what an absolutely stunning venue the Villa Fondi is with superb views over the Bay of Sorrento (as I know pics are hard to find of this beautiful venue). Forget Cloisters, which is often full of tourists during your ceremony and is in the centre of Sorrento, so boiling hot. If Sorrento is your choice, as it was ours, choose The Villa Fondi; you certainly won't be disappointed. It has everything; wonderful views, gorgeous gardens and old world charm.

Also the Hotel Capodimonte in Sorrento, where we stayed, has beautiful views over the bay from the rooftop terrace so if you are getting married in Sorrento girls and staying at The Capo, keep your dress on and head for the terraces with your wedding party for some more truly spectacular photos.

Check out Chaplain's Bar on the main street. Owner's great and will treat you both to champers if you turn up in your wedding gear. We didn't get out til 4am!!!!

Coventry, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Sorrento!

Hi!

Liked your post, very informative and useful too as i am getting married at Villa Fondi in July and staying at the Capodimonte! so sounds a win win! Will definitely be checking out the bar you have suggested as it is where we are staying! Like the sound of getting free bubbly if wedding frock is still on!

Will also be heading to the Terraces at Capodimonte for more photos!

Do you have any recommendations for photographer?

We have booked through Thomsons but their choice seems quite expensive.

If you have any other hints or tipped for the big day at Villa Fondi would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sara, Coventry.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Sorrento!

Hi Sara,

We used their photographer and were very happy with the results. My Wedding Photos are on Facebook. Feel free to add me so you can have a look at them - on there under Maria Bull from Tipton, West Mids. Easy to find, my profile pic is me with a dolphin! You can delete me after you've had a look.

If you can, I'd book your Wedding Breakfast yourself when you get there, if you're having one, as the tour operator charges a fortune for what you can get much cheaper if you just book tables in a nice restaurant. We booked through the operator for ease but the prices were very inflated!

Enjoy your day! I know you'll treasure every second and have a truly magical wedding day experience xxx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in Sorrento!

Hi I got married last Thursday at Villa Fondi. It was amazing and hot. We also stayed at the Capodimonte. We had our wedding breakfast at the Foreigners club it was 48 euros pp which also included canapes and aperitifs, prosecco and wedding cake aswell as a 3 course meal. We booked with Alessandra Vollino from book of dreams. If you need anymore info add me on Facebook Jody Timms Manchester

Edited: 2:46 am, April 12, 2011
Coventry, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in Sorrento!

Hi Jody,

Thanks for info. Had a look on FB and not sure which one is you! what is your profile picture?!

Thanks

Sara

Coventry
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married in Sorrento!

Hi All,

I am getting married in October at Villa Fondi and also staying at the Capodimonte so very pleased to hear your comments.

Can anyone suggest a nice place for us to have our wedding breakfast, ideally the venue would be quite private as only myself husband to be and our a 18 month old daughter are going.

Thanks in advance

Emma

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married in Sorrento!

Hi All,

I am getting married next year July 2012 at villa fondi but choosing to stay at Hotel Imperial Tramontano over the Capodimonte just as its a little cheaper as paying for alot of the guests. I just would appreciate anybodies comments if you have stayed at this hotel if it is nice and classy enough as one report Ive read on this trip advisor stated the rooms were 'tired' and the photos of the bathroom do not appear v. nice. I am just apprehensive.

Thanks in advance

Jane

7. Re: Getting married in Sorrento!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 27, 2012