We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conde Nast Rating of Palazzo Sasso

Which Ravello hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Conde Nast Rating of Palazzo Sasso

The Conde Nast rating and ranking of the Palazzo Sasso dropped a bit this year (customer ratings/rankings - not editor's; so the answer might be in that distinction), to a position below Le Sirenuse and il San Pietro in Positano. We stayed in the Sasso and le Sirenuse several years ago, and thought that both were exceptional - but that the Sasso was significantly superior to le Sirenuse in terms of view and service, and apples and oranges in terms of room quality/size. il San Pietro wasn't even close then - with musty odors in the hallways, visible mold, and just a general state of "less than outstanding" facilities maintenance.

Has the Sasso slipped? Or is it just the vagaries of customer ratings/rankings? I certainly hope for the latter, as we plan to return to the Palazzo Sasso next spring - - but may reconsider if it's slipping ...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
211 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conde Nast Rating of Palazzo Sasso

I certainly don't see how it slipped below the San Pietro and Sirenuse. I stayed at the the Palazzo Sasso and San Pietro in May '09 and we thought the service, facilities, food, etc... was superior at Palazzo Sasso. San Pietro was right on the water and has some nice features, but it doesn't touch Sasso in my opinion.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conde Nast Rating of Palazzo Sasso

These customer rankings are totally unscientific and meaningless.

3. Re: Conde Nast Rating of Palazzo Sasso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, July 11, 2010