We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distances between ragusa and marina di ragusa

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
distances between ragusa and marina di ragusa

I am about to book a hotel in ragusa in the beginning of august. I wanted to get an understanding of driving distances. If i stay in ragusa ibia....how far to drive to marina di ragusa (in minutes driving)? also how far by car from ragusa ibia to modica? and finally how far to drive siracuse? this will help me determine where to stay...

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,946 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: distances between ragusa and marina di ragusa

Prego poose1,

Avoid the train from Sicily to Campania, especially in August when air-conditioning may not be working on trains.

Train Rome to Palermo:

tripadvisor.com/…34649163

Modica and Ragusa are “real” Sicily and offer opportunities for experiencing genuine Sicilian life. Summer is very hot, so August isn’t the best month for touring and exploring. Italians holiday in August and flee cities for the resorts at the coast, lakes, and mountains, so resort areas are crowded, and cities are less crowded.

Yes, you could begin in Taormina, take excursions, spend a few days on the Aeolians, and head to Calabria, or you could skip Calabria and ferry onward to Campania from the Aeolians.

There are excursions that run between the Aeolians and Tropea as well, so possibly see Tropea first, then the Aeolians, and ferry to Naples from the Aeolians thus avoiding the train.

Hydrofoils can be bumpy, but seas are generally calm in August.

Aeolian beaches are crowded in August, so beaches reached by boat would be less crowded, or swim from boats.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g658627-i12296-k47…

Vulcano attracts nature lovers who trek the volcanoes, boat around the grottoes, and enjoy the Laghetti di Fanghi. Vulcano also has a reputation as a party island for Italians. If you have any sensitivity to the smell of sulphur, Vulcano may not be for you, however Vulcano has some nice black sand beaches.

Stromboli attracts trekkers and nature lovers.

Panarea is marketed as the chic, jet-set, exclusive, and trendy island of the Aeolians, but it doesn’t even offer a 5* hotel.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g670800-i12297-k34…

Salina is a beautifully romantic island, but not known for beaches, even if the coast is stunning. Salina is romantic and the greenest of the islands, just a lovely island with some outstanding accommodations.

Cefalù doesn’t logistically fit your route, so it’s probably not worth the detour for a day trip.

It’s not difficult to reach the coast from Ragusa, Modica, or Scicli.

Note that Scicli lies in a valley overlooked by hills, and Scicli is hotter and more humid than Modica.

Hotel de Mohac Modica - any first hand knowledge?

tripadvisor.com/…29498679

Ragusa Ibla...our favorite baroque town...:

tripadvisor.com/…32163331

Vagabonda

22. Re: distances between ragusa and marina di ragusa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, June 18, 2013