We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples in early 30s - Praiano a good place to stay?

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Couples in early 30s - Praiano a good place to stay?

My husband and I are going with another couple in mid-May to Amalfi. We were supposed to stay in Positano at Punta Regina but can no longer get sea view rooms. I was now looking at Hotel Margherita or the possibility of staying in Praiano instead.

Would any recommend for couples in their early 30s? We will want to take the bus and explore a few other towns. We like going out to eat and would probably want to go out in the evenings in town or have some vino on the terrace. Just wondering how easy it is to get around and if you are stuck in the hotel most nights. Also we had looked at going one night to Music at the Rocks in Positano - Would that be easy to do?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,019 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples in early 30s - Praiano a good place to stay?

Many people - regardless of age - stay in Praiano and like it; for me, it is too small so I always stay in Positano but everyone has their own personal preferences. Yes, you can get around via bus - just expect to have crowded situations at times on the bus.

Music on the Rocks is likely not going to be open yet in May - usually opens later in the season. But, you can always check with them:

http://www.musicontherocks.it

IF they are open, consider about you will return to Praiano - you will need to factor in the walk back up through the pedestrian only part of the village in Positano (15 minutes or so) and you will probably need to arrange a car service to pick you up at a certain time in Piazza dei Mulini because you would probably leave the club very late and buses will have stopped by then.

Sitting on a terrace with a gorgeous view is one of my favorite ways to enjoy my time in the area - wine/cheese/etc - and that view. Lovely.

There are loads of threads on the village in the Praiano forum here - I'd scroll through some of those for some pertinent information; recommendations for lodgings, places to eat, groceries, transportation, etc. It is an excellent resource about Praiano.

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples in early 30s - Praiano a good place to stay?

I think we have decided to stay at Hotel Marina Riviera. Any suggestions for this place would be appreciated!

Thanks for the advice!

3. Re: Couples in early 30s - Praiano a good place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 04, 2015