We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Praiano

Which Praiano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florence to Praiano

6 of us will be staying in Praiano for four days in September, traveling from Florence. I've read many posts about trains, buses and ferry's and have yet to decide which way to travel. I am trying to figure out which is the closest town we should get off at (if we go by train or ferry from Naples). I thought it would be Sorrento but read it is one hour by bus? Thanks for any help.

Laura

New York
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Florence to Praiano

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. I'm very familiar with the Amalfi Coast and the different transport options which is why I use a private car service (guemar travel) when I go. Last time I noticed the Positano Shuttle Mini Bus on the road while in the car and wondered what the story was with it. I figured if it's another good option I would consider it for myself and/or recommend to others on the forum when they inquire. Honestly though if we had to be picking up different people at the airport this would not be for me. If it was going straight from the train station at a scheduled time that would be a different story and I wouldn't even mind having to make a few hotel stops since they are all relatively close to each other. Thanks again for the info.

Sydney, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Florence to Praiano

Thanks again for this post. I was able to make the train reservations at trenitalia and managed to get a 2 for 1 sale! You were right about alerting our bank. The first time I got to the end of the reservation the bank transaction was declined and I had to call the credit card company. Once I spoke with them the reservations went through no problem.

Sydney, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Florence to Praiano

Thanks for this post. I contacted Guemar Travel for pick up at the Salerno train station, taking us to Praiano. They were very quick to reply and have confirmed our reservation. We were very pleased with the price of 23 euros each!

New York
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Florence to Praiano

Glad you got everything sorted out. Have a wonderful trip!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Florence to Praiano

It's alway cool when someone comes back to post how things are working out - Hope you have a terrific trip!

Try to score the seat on the left side of the passenger seat in the car - for the views!

16. Re: Florence to Praiano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014