We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

Has anyone taken the Marozzi bus from Rome to Praiano? Was it ok?

If i take the train is it better to go via Salerno or Naples?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you

x

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

I have taken it several times to Positano. It only goes to Amalfi in th two summer months, otherwise stopping in Sorrento.

If you take the train to Salerno, you will have to catch the Sita bus and change at Amalfi or catch a ferry to Positano then get back to Praiano. The Marrozzi bus would be easier in your case.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

Having just left a week in Praiano, the SITA bus from Amalfi to Sorrento (through Praiano and Positano) runs at 9PM and then not again until 11 PM. We missed our scheduled train and had to catch a later one - in turn we arrived in Amalfi a little after 9. The only option to get to Praiano (other than waiting the 2 hours) was a taxi. At 50 Euro, I just wanted to give you the FYI.

If you take the bus, it's a little longer but drops you off from Rome onto the main road in Praiano without your bags having to be changed from train- train- bus or train - bus - bus.

Edited: 2:28 pm, July 01, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Sydney
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

I am going to Praiano next May with luggage (2 adults). Im still a bit confused as to which way to jump- bus from Rome direct to Praiano or combination of train to Naples then change to Sorrento then another bus to Praiano. I heard the latter combination is quicker but when it is added up it doesnt seem too much quicker. How is it for taking luggage on board the train from Naples and then the SIta bus to Praiano? If we do take the bus option could I find a taxi to take me to the hotel or just walk? We have booked Hotel Holiday at Via Umberto I° n. 105, Praiano.

Mentioned in this post
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Naples
Naples
Sorrento
Sorrento
Hotel Holiday
Hotel Holiday
313 Reviews
Praiano, Italy
Umberto
Umberto
1,256 Reviews
Naples, Italy
san diego
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

We have done the train, circumvesuviana, SITA bus combo many times from Rome to Praiano. Luggage has never been a problem. At the end of our holiday, just because we want a no hassle way back to Rome, we usually hire a driver for around 300 euros.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sydney
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

Are there any tips or information that is handy when trying to do the train / bus combo from Naples to Praiano / AMalfi Coast?

Kind regards,

Alex

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

The direct Marozzi bus between Rome and Praiano does NOT operate in MAY, only from June through September.

In MAY, there is a direct Marozzi bus from Rome to SORRENTO, where you must connect to the regular SITA bus to Praiano (or take a taxi).

The traditional way is: train to Naples, Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento, bus to Praiano.

A useful alternative is: train to SALERNO, ferry boat to Amalfi, SITA bus to Praiano.

I would be slightly inclined to do the routing via Salerno, to avoid the often crowded Circumvesuviana train and much longer SITA bus ride from Sorrento to Praiano.

Edited: 8:14 am, January 10, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Naples
Naples
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Canberra Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

Hi, we just returned from Praiano in Oct 13.Train to Naples and Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento.Sita bus to Praiano.Circum train to Sorrento was an experience,but good fun.Tell the driver of the Sita bus which hotel you are staying at in Praiano and he will drop you at the nearest stop.

We stayed at Hotel Margherita (Fantastic) and they booked a private taxi for us to return to Naples at a cost of 90 euro.( Well worth it.)

Mentioned in this post
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Naples
Naples
Sorrento
Sorrento
Hotel Margherita
Hotel Margherita
1,642 Reviews
Praiano, Italy
Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
41 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

We will be traveling the first week of April. We would like to choose the train to Salerno and then the ferry to Amalfi and Sita to Praiano, Can you tell me if the ferries are running that first week of April?

Mentioned in this post
Salerno
Salerno
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,622 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

No, they won't be running then; they will likely begin after Easter, which is April 20

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome to Praiano - Marozzi bus or train?

I think that it is possible that there will be limited services for the Palm Sunday weekend (April 12-13), depending on the weather and the number of passengers. I would contact the operator by e-mail and cell phone as ASK for your specific travel date.