We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

praiano activities

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
praiano activities

My wife and i will be in Praiano for 4 nights in late May and were looking at activities for our first day in Praiano as this will be our first full day of our holiday and we do not want to drive around. What simple walks could one do and which beaches are worth visiting in Praiano. Ideas please.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: praiano activities

Praiano is a very steep and spread out place but a great walk is to go down to where Il pirate is at the sth end and you could go onto the stoney beach at the fishing village.

a good bar/cafe is Bar Sol which does a wicket hot chocolate as well......my wife swore by it but I stuck to the the prosecco and campari aperitivo's.

i do have a trip log of the area which may be a help....message me if i can help

Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: praiano activities

We will be there in mid-May this year, too. Have you found any other suggestions? If so, could you let me know.

Thanks, Robert

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: praiano activities

Walk of the gods. Search for it on the forum and look at the link below. Also many references on google.

http://www.fiamma.fr/TravelBlog/Amalfi.html

phoefling@lths.org
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: praiano activities

I would LOVE to see your trip log! phoefling@lths.org

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,301 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: praiano activities

We've been to Praiano 5 times in the last 10 years and will return again next month.

I'd suggest a walk around the town, which is spread vertically on the cliffs and horizontally along the main road, and take in the 2 nice churches in town. While doing that you can visit LizArt, the ceramic shop on the main road.

You could do lunch at Il Pirata which is near LaPraia beach and also the Onda Verde Hotel.

Out on the point near there is a Saracen tower where an artist lives. You can visit his shop and take some nice pictures from there.

United States
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: praiano activities

I would not suggest Walk of the Gods as a light first day hike after a long haul flight.

TAB

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: praiano activities

thankyou all. i will take your advice Jerryott as it is not too taxing on our first day.our plans are Day 1 as per aboveand Agerola. Day2 Walk of the Gods Day3 Amalfi,Atrani, Ravello and Scala. Day4 Capri day trip. Day5 Positanoand Sorrento . Day6 head for Tuscany viaTramonti. Staying at Hotel Margherita from May 22.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: praiano activities

Matman

We will be at Margherita from May 20 - 23 Small world. We might have done the walk the day or so before you do it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: praiano activities

Hi,

I will be in Praiano in April, with a friend and her 10 year old - is the Walk of the Gods suitable for that age, and are hiking boots required? Any suggestions for beaches? Thanks for any comments, it will be my first trip there!

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: praiano activities

maria,

From what I gather not hiking books but good enclosed non slip shoes. Look at the links - it is very steep and includes 900 steps and a narrow dirt track.

A 10 year old would romp through it.