We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Bus

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Local Bus

We are staying in an apartment close to Hotel Floridiana, I have heard that the Sita buses are sometimes over crowded and do not pick up very often at Praiano. I have also read about a local bus which goes up and down the hill from Praiano to Positano. Can anyone provide further information on the subject, have checked other postings but not really answering my question. We will be there in May if that makes any difference. Thank you for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Bus

Flavio Gioia runs the local bus service, but its schedule page is on the blink:

www.flaviogioia.com/index.php…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Bus

It may depend on which browser you're using - but it's working for me, in Firefox.

Try starting here...

http://www.flaviogioia.com/index.php?sez=Orario+Positano+-+Praiano&id_categoria=17&id_sezione=8&p=dx

or, if that fails, here...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ulz6a6

Then click on the top >> symbol in the blue section (27 March to 15 June etc)... and finally on the larger of the two timetable images... using the big X at top right to close that view again afterwards!

Hardly big enough to print, is it?

As those schedules may very well change, be sure to check again just before you travel...

Peter

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
184 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Bus

Thank you for your advice and help. I have managed to print off (as small as it is) the time table. Could you help me to understand it. As I see it Piazza dei mullini is in Praiano? and at the end of the schedule Terminal Prisco is in Positano? and all the other stops are in between is this correct. Half way down is listed La Praia is this the stop near the beach in Praiano. I do hope you don't think I am wasting your time as I do appreciate it.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local Bus

The route of those buses goes beyond the Praiano municipality, and places such as Laurito and Arienzo are villages some way along the coast... have a look on GoogleMaps!

And it may also be worth taking a copy of this - compiled from maps available on the bus company's website, of all their routes, including as far as Positano..... but do remember that the times may change!

pbase.com/isolaverde/image/130455122/original

Peter

Edited: 2:23 am, November 19, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
5. Re: Local Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, May 19, 2011