We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants in POSITANO

New York,ny
Level Contributor
597 posts
2 reviews
Best Restaurants in POSITANO

We are going to italy for our ONE year Anniverary this summer 2 nights Venice, 3 Florence, 2 in tuscany, 3 in Rome and 3 in Positano....

Any restaurant recommendations Positano(staying at the il san pietro) or any other places we are vising Please let us know! Romantic suggestions as well as just amazing food !

We are from NYC and love good food...eaten at the best so we want to get the best recommendations!

Thanks so much for all of your input!

:)

chicago
Level Contributor
484 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

chez black, ate their 3 out of 4 nights.

J30
Europe
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

I suggest you La Tagliata in Montepertuso, good food, good wine and free shuttle service to and from your hotel.

louisiana
Level Contributor
846 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

hi

i don't know the names of the restaurants but there are 2 up the mountain in positano...a bus will bring you free of charge...it's quite a ride very pretty at night....both have a sample meal where they bring out a small serving of just about everything including desert and wine..about 15 e...its enough for 2...the places are known for there meat...i'm sure your hotel will know

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

In Positano, we really enjoyed the Mediterraneo Restaurant - great food and atmosphere especially on a Friday night, with live music. A great family restaurant in Rome is Piacere Molise, close to the Vatican. Amazing lemon ravioli!

positano
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

I go every year in positano,I m a former chef and i can suggest you different choise of good restaurant:San Pietro is the best for food and service,Palazzo Murat is situated in a wonderful garden with a relaxing atmosphere and another one that i can t forget is Next2(included in Conde Nast Traveller best restaurant).Creative and high quality food,is a modern courtyard where you can find great food,nice music and kind service.

New York,ny
Level Contributor
597 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

thanks for the responses:)

Roma
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

I ve been in Positano last summer and we went around restaurant because we was looking for something special for my birthday party. we found a very nice one,with a so romantic terrace overlooking the sea , full of flowers and with so kindly people. the cooking was delicious easy and refined at the same time and we enyoied it very much, so I m very pleased to suggest you this restaurant and I m sure that you will be happy of the choice.. The restaurant s name is Il Capitano . We are very pleased to help you.They also have web site where you can see it, www.hotel montemare .it.Feel free to contact me

Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

For seafood lovers, there is La Cambusa, very pleasant place just on top of Chez Black, same level as the stores and has a nice terrace with a view on the sea and the beach.

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

Dear lovethesun7,

You might consider the suggestions from lolalu as locals have been known to head up there to eat. Positano is notoriously expensive, however, those two restaurants above on the mountain offer incredible food and a spanning view of the town out to the sea without plastic-like formality and stiffness. Also as mentioned, the prices are rather fair and not excessive.

Buon Appetito...

Positano
Level Contributor
223 posts
10. Re: Best Restaurants in POSITANO

Dear kkushiba1,

I AM SORRY BUT YOU ARE VERY WRONG!!!!!

The restaurants on the montain are excellent and there is nothing I can say about it but you cannot say the one at the beach are no good! Come on now!!!!

La Cambusa is for sure one of the best down there and the other 3 restaurants in montepertuso are not the same. Please.

And once again forgive me if I am saying something like that.

I am being very fair and honest, also considering that I am a lover of La Tagliata, Il Ritrovo, etc in Montepertuso!

If the whole of the restaurants on the beach were so bad they were going to be all empty and there was going to be a long line outside the restaurants on the mountain, but this is not the case!