We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano Hotel help

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Positano Hotel help

Hi there

Please can you recommend a high quality hotel in Positano please for our honeymoon in September 07-Le Sireneuse is just that bit too expensive so I wondered what is the next best thing just slightly cheaper? We can only really afford s no view room at Le Sireneuse and I dont see the point in staying in Positano unless you have a stunning seaview!!

We want to stay somewhere special but I refuse to throw money at something for the sake of it but we dont want something cheap and cheerful as it is our honeymoon after all!

Having read reviews about San Pietro I have decided that its too far away from Positano as we like to just walk into the main area easily to catch the atmosphere etc.

Thanks

California
Level Contributor
613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano Hotel help

We stayed in the Hotel Marincanto and loved it. I think it has even better views than the Sirunese as it is right on the cliff with no other buildings in front of you. We stayed in a Suite which was in the middle building, right over the sun terrace. Great rooms, big, big bathroom with jacuzzi looking out over the ocean. Its location is just up from the sirunese, so no walking down tons of stairs to get to town, unless you want to go via the beach, which is what we did most of the time.

I would say check out Marincanto, Eden Roc (which is up around the bend from the Marincanto or maybe the L'ancora, which is next to the Sirunese as well.

Whatever you do, don't go to far up the hill. Just makes it more inconvienent to go from town back to your room. I wouldn't go higher than the Eden Roc.

Dallas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano Hotel help

I would recommend the Posa Posa Hotel. The rooms are fabulous with a magnificant view of Positano. You can also choose the room on their website.

3. Re: Positano Hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 21, 2009