We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay friendly

Atlanta
Level Contributor
84 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Gay friendly

I have checked the boards by performing a search but the most recent thread was closed. Is Positano a gay friendly destination? Can someone recommend a gay friendly hotel? Any information would be appreciated.

chicago
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay friendly

I would say yes. My partner and I just traveled there, I don't think anyone really cares, it's Europe they are used to seeing gay couples. We stayed at Le Sirenuse, it was very expensive but totally worth the splurge!

Edited: 7:55 pm, June 18, 2014
Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,580 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay friendly

No one notices or cares. The pensione I always stay at had gay couples, straight couples and myself and my son - family groups - you name it. Everyone is too busy having a good time to notice if anyone is gay straight transgender...whatever. Just enjoy yourself.

Level Contributor
1,266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay friendly

Just avoid showing too much in public your relationship. You never know how can someone react

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,945 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay friendly

Be yourself and enjoy! I have been there many times and seen every configuration of relationship and families and no one cares.

I don't know that it matters at all where you stay; I'd book wherever you find a room that suits what you want and your price.

If you have a budget range and want suggestions for places, please post it so people can offer up some ideas for you.

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gay friendly

Yes definitely, many live or lived there in the past :) Arienzo beach (reachable by boat from the dock) is known as a favourite hang out . But anywhere really, they are just part of the crowd.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
84 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gay friendly

Thanks to everyone for your help. We were in here a couple of weeks ago but only for one day (cruise ship stop) but fell in love with this place. We want to go back for a longer visit. :)

7. Re: Gay friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 21, 2015