We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porters

Melbourne
Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Porters

We are arriving in Positano by Hydrofoil on 5 th July. Will we easily find porters or do we need to pre book this service ? Does anyone know the cost involved ? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Bedford...
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Porters

I have a similar question, arriving in Positano on Aug 9th !! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,594 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Porters

In high season, I would suggest contacting your lodging - hotel or B&B - and ask them if they are able to arrange this for you. I don't know what the current cost per bag - a number of years ago it was 5 euros per bag but given how everything else has gone up in price, I would be surprised if that didn't as well.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porters

Thanks MomCat . We are renting a villa so we need to arrange transport ourselves

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porters

Check this out:

The Positano Porters are there just for that: they move baggage (but really any kind of goods) to (and from!) villas and apartments in Positano and, more in general, along the Amalfi Coast.

You can book their services in advance: recommend sending them a fax, indicating date, time, what, from where and to where, and then reconfirming with a phone call to make sure they got it.

•Address: Piazza dei Mulini, Positano.

Ph. +39 089 875 310.

Fax +39 089 875 310.

There are usually some of these motorized porters down by the harbor also.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porters

Last time I arrived in Positano by water (coming from Capri) there were porters waiting to meet the jetcat. It cost us 8 euro per bag and the bag was waiting for us at our very high up pensione when we got there.

Truth is, it's way better to travel with a bag you can manage. Last time I was in Positano was with a carry-on that I could lift up the stairs on my own. Try and travel light - it will be way more convenient.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,594 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Porters

Great to have up to date info on this. I have never personally used them because I always pack so light and have just a carry on (smallish) and it is easy to carry.

Good luck and have fun!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Porters

Thank you for all the advice . Porter service sounds like a good option . Can't imagine I can convince the family to take a small bag for 24 days of travel !

8. Re: Porters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2015