We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atrani/Ravello

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atrani/Ravello

My husband and I will be based in Positano and plan to spend one day in Amalfi and Ravello followed by a hike down to Atrani. Once we get down to Atrani how do we get back to Positano. Is there a bus or ferry? Should we walk back to Amalfi?

This is our plan for the day. Take a ferry to Amalfi and walk around town a little bit. Take the bus to Ravello. Visit Villa Cimbrone. Grab lunch then start the walk to Atrani. Is this too much for one day? Advice appreciated!

Scranton...
Level Contributor
501 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atrani/Ravello

Sounds like a great day. You will want to extend your walk so that you return to Amalfi. You can do that by just following the main road that runs through Atrani around the point to Amalfi (busy, but not dangerous), or by walking above the road through the steps that run through the houses (takes a bit longer).

Once in Amalfi, you can take a bus to Positano. They all leave from the central plaza, you can't miss it, but they often don't put up their destination signs until the last moment (and by then it's often standing room only).

Bus schedules are here: sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

If you're there during the ferry season, you can also take the ferry. It's more expensive, but the views are beautiful, and it's faster & more comfortable than the bus. You can find the ferry schedules here: coopsantandrea.com/eng/…servizi_eng.asp

Hope that helps,

Zuke

http://zukini.travellerspoint.com/toc/

Texas
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atrani/Ravello

No need at all to walk along the main road from Atrani to Positano - which I think is dangerous as there is no place for pedestrians and certainly too busy to be fun. There is a delightful walk back along the pedestrian paths that link the two villages. In the main square in Atrani in front of the church, stand with your back to the church. Look at the right hand corner of the building in front of you and head there. You will see a signpost to Positano. (Ask a local person if you have any difficulty.) Glorious and fun walk through the back of both villages on the paths their residents use. Much safer:-)

The whole makes an amazing walk from Ravello. Enjoy.

Edited: 9:36 am, June 08, 2014
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Atrani/Ravello

Thank you so much for your advice! I will most likely walk from Ravello to Amalfi and then the Ferry back to Positano. How long is the walk from Ravello to Amalfi?

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atrani/Ravello

I think it takes 30-40 minutes, stopping for pictures, etc.

5. Re: Atrani/Ravello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 11, 2015