We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Positano trip help

nyc
4 posts
Save Topic
Need Positano trip help

Sadly because of health reasons my wife want's to travel to Positano and environs as a final trip. I know nothing of the area. Our can travel unitl until the end of October. She would like to see it "all" and cost is no object. We have up to 14 days. A limo and driver is preferable. What would be the best way of accomplishing this dream vacation from New York City. Is it better to stay at one hotel or travel between cities. What are the places to see between Naples and Rome? All help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

louisiana
Level Contributor
759 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Positano trip help

hello,

first of all ...i'm sorry to hear about your wife's health...i will keep her in my prayers.now onto positano. i'm sure you will both love it there, i have been twice but only on daytrips,this september will be my 1st stay. i chose to stay at la tavolozza because of it's location and many good reports on different web sites. they seem to be nice people who give a personel touch to your stay...not found in all bigger places.if you fly into naples ,you can have positano limo service pick you up...the web site is info@limocarservice.net..the cost is 90e if you stop at pomei it is an additional40 e for 1 hour. nearby in sorrento they have some musicals at night that are really nice and from positano you can catch boats to capri and the amalfi coast. for air fare check best travel store ...i found some really good rates.

have fun lola

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Positano trip help

We recently came back from Italy and stayed in Positano for several days at Albergo Punta Regina. It is an amazing place to stay. The view over the water from the breakfast terrace is amazing and the staff are wonderful. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel so you don't have to walk the hill either up or down. There is also a marvelous restaurant just up from the hotel - Mediterraneo Restaurant. Book a junior suite - the 2nd floor has huge balconies but the view is a little better from the 3rd floor. Hope this helps.

3. Re: Need Positano trip help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 15, 2009