We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Anniversary Dinner

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Special Anniversary Dinner

As of now we have plans at La Sponda for dinner; however, I wanted to see if anyone knew of a hotel/resort/restaurant that offers a special ON THE BEACH dinner for those willing to pay. Overlooking is nice and will do if necessary but I was interested in a private meal for two physically on the beach

Mentioned in this post
Ristorante La Sponda
Ristorante La Sponda
725 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Il Ritrovo
$$ - $$$, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
La Taverna del Leone
$$ - $$$, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Ristorante Casa Mele
$$$$, Italian, Seafood, Mediterranean
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Anniversary Dinner

Never seen anything like that at all - You might ask your hotel if that is a possibility though I highly doubt it. Maybe there is a private caterer that someone knows who would do such a thing - but, it won't be private as the beach is open to everyone and people do wander around on the beach at night.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Anniversary Dinner

MomCat brings up a good point - which beach are you talking about, if all are public? Another option might be (for those who are willing to pay ;-) is to hire a boat with a chef, and have it "parked" somewhere with a nice view over Positano while you have dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Anniversary Dinner

I'm in Praiano right now looking at Positano. From the road it's 7 Km but closer by boat. The views from the cliffs of some of these hotels looking at Positano are spectacular. In my opinion, if you are staying in Positano, it's a short trip to a hotel in Praiano looking at Positano. The beach in Positano is so so and a mixed gravely lava rock. And it's quite busy with tourists, even at night. Right near the beach is a famous restaurant called Chez Black where many hollywood celebrities frequent but here are no views.

Mentioned in this post
Praiano
Praiano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
CHEZ BLACK
CHEZ BLACK
3,413 Reviews
Positano, Italy
4. Re: Special Anniversary Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 15, 2014