We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano parking

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Positano parking

guys

I did find a few threads on this but dating back 4-5 yrs ago. Can someone tell me if there is a moderately priced parking place to park one's car near the ferry for 8 hours. I don't mind paying 20-25 euros

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano parking

The dock is a good 20 minute walk up to the area where one would find some parking - from the dock, one needs to walk up through the pedestrian only portion of the village - there are a few lots you will pass when driving through the village on the one way small internal road, Viale Pasitea. Last time I had a car there, it was 25 euros for the day but that was a number of years ago; I don't know current prices.

Here's list of parking lots in Positano -

…worldwide-accom.com/amalfi-coast/guides/car…

If you can, don't bring a car - I don't know when you are going but if before the end of October, it will be nothing but a hinderance.

Edited: 3:17 pm, September 04, 2013
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano parking

I can actually take the bus but in the tour book, I read that buses can go so full in mid-sept that around 6pm, it's impossible to get a bus from positano to praiano and you are left to take the 100 euro taxi. Is that correct?

Also, is there a schedule for these buses and would there only be a single stop in praiano or would they agree to stop right outside my hotel?

Thank you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano parking

There is a schedule for the buses, your hotel will have it. Keep in mind that they often late so don't be surprised by that - happens to me nearly every time. If the bus is to full, it often won't stop automatically, so if you are on the bus, be sure to tell the driver where you need to get off. The traffic on the road can make the trip longer than the schedule allows.

I don't know about the stops in Praiano - I know there is one but can't recall others as I just wasn't paying attention - again, just ask at your hotel - they know all of this. And, it is not just at 6 p.m. that the buses will be full - it can (and does) happen pretty much throughout the day.

I don't think it would be 100 euros just between Positano and Praiano - probably more like 40 or so but, again, ask the hotel for taxi prices.

If you have your car anyway, you might as well take it over to Positano but do expect to have some difficulty in finding parking. The whole transportation stuff is just a real hassle. Now when I go to Positano, I pretty much just stay put or only take the ferry where I can go - and arrive and leave via car service.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano parking

There are several stops in Praiano so indeed ask your hotel. One will be close.

There is also the local "internal" bus that runs in a loop between Positano and Praiano.

The buses are very busy and local taxis are expensive, but Praiano is only 10 k (6 or so miles) from Praiano so there is no way a taxi would be 100 euros.

Another possibility would be to have your hotel book you a water taxi from Praiano to Positano - not cheap but fun. It was 30e this summer from the Gavitella beach in Praiano - would be a bit more from the La Praia beach which is a bit further away.

5. Re: Positano parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 07, 2014