We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Positano

CT
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
October in Positano

Am trying to decide if we should stay 2 nights in Sorrento and 2 nights in Positano, or just pick one location for all 4 nights and then do day trips?

Also, wonder if there is a big difference in weather from beginning of October to Mid-October?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Positano

Well Positano is prettier but Sorrento is better if you want to do day trips, I think I would stay in just the one place as 4 nights isn't that much but if you use the search box you'll get loads of info on each place which might help you decide. If you can manage to go in early October then it would be a better time to visit as late October cam get quite cold if the weather changes.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Positano

My last trip to Positano was to spend 7 days there the last week of October and I was fortunate in having really lovely warm weather - not hot but not cool at all and just one full day of rain; but, weather is never predictable and I felt lucky.

I would stick to one place - What day trips do you plan to make?

CT
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Positano

Thank you for your response. We will be there the first week in October so expect nice sunny weather. I am thinking of staying in Positano for the four nights but I'm not sure if I can get a ferry from there to Capri at this time of year. Any idea?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: October in Positano

Unless there is bad weather and seas are rough, you should still be able to get the ferry to Capri.

www.capri.net for schedules; but check again when you are there because the schedule could change at the beginning of Oct. October is still high season until the end of the month.

5. Re: October in Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, September 04, 2014