We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have a luxury stay

near Melbourne...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to have a luxury stay

Hi, just would love some feedback re which hotel/ accommodation to stay at.

My husband and i are having a nice break- both in our 50's and would love to stay somewhere a bit special for a few days. Prob best if its walking distance to restaurants and village but would love a view and would love to be a bit spoilt ( its an anniversary)

We are going over in September. Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
499 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

LOL - I see a lot of the posts here are blocked by tripadvisor. I'm going to add my two cents and mention I did stay at Le Sirenuse recently and also Covo Dei Saraceni. Regardless of the price we had a much better time at Covo dei Saraceni! I think it depends on what you are looking for in a hotel. There are a few other hotels in Positano I checked out and would not mind staying to try them out but all I have to say is that staying in Covo vs. Le Sirenuse made a BIG difference in our opinion about Positano.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,019 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

It would help other future visitors to Positano if you explain why you enjoyed your experience at Covo more than Le Sirenuse. I think I may have some idea but your experience can be useful to others who may be trying to decide where to stay.

New York
Level Contributor
499 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

My husband are not ones to look for service. A clean room that housekeeping comes to clean and replace towels. etc. and we are happy. At Le Sirenuse we had an embarrassing situation of less then half a roll of toilet paper after the room was cleaned. Tried twice to have housekeeping come with another roll and gave up and went to public toilet in the hotel to get an extra roll. That's a first for u-LOL.s. Also, at Le Sirenuse the chairs were filled up when we went down to the pool so we took a walk, when we came back we saw two chairs empty and asked the pool person to save them and we would be right back. He said no promises and he was right as when we got back in less then ten minutes they were gone. Now what are you suppose to do. He had not answers. We went to the beach. Also, the full sea view room was not a view of the sea at all. You could see it if you stood up in the corner of the balcony. We paid extra for a full sea view?

Breakfast was the best we ever had in Sirenuse -- anything and as much as you wanted sitting on a beautiful patio and the room itself had beautiful furniture and was very clean.

At Covo everybody that worked there smiled and said hello, very friendly. Room was cleaned with extras left everyday with no problems. Beautiful full sea view and was even quieter then the room at Le Sirenuse. Had no problems getting a chair at the pool at anytime. Also, we enjoyed the food in the restaurant at dinner time better then at La Spoda at the Sirenuse. View was just as nice (not as fancy). Food was prepared better and service was not rushed and they were more friendly.

That was just our experience at the two hotels. Le Sienuse is a "special" hotel for some reason and I would not say I would never go back but based on the two experiences for now I would go back to Covo and I am not making the choice because of the difference in price.

44. Re: Where to have a luxury stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 05, 2014