We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Update April 2013 To and From Positano

New Jersey
Level Contributor
207 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Update April 2013 To and From Positano

With the apparent demise of Metro del Mare, and the uncertainty in dates of season open, I would appreciate some advice on the following ferry or jet boat trips: Will they exist ? Both morning and evening departures ? Which companies?

It appears that Cooperative Sant'Andrea covers the first two, but not the one to Sorrento, but not sure if the trips will begin by mid April.

Amalfi -> Positano Sat or Sun April 20 or 21, 2013

Positano -> Salerno Mon April 22

Positano -> Sorrento Tues April 23

I would not do all of these -- trying to figure out best itinerary.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Update April 2013 To and From Positano

www.alicost.it are yet to publish their sailings for 2013

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Update April 2013 To and From Positano

More to the point, re the MdM, it hasn't run in April for several years now - see:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/metro_del_mare

Perhaps this, from yesterday, may be of assistance?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k62…

However, like you, just at present I too am "not sure if the trips will begin by mid April" - although I'd bet money they that do!

Peter

Edited: 1:58 am, March 14, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Update April 2013 To and From Positano

Will there be ferries from either Salerno to Positano or from Sorrento to Positano during July 2014? Do you know how long this will take?

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Update April 2013 To and From Positano

Yes, there will be ferries in July. See the alicost link above for certain routes and www.coopsantandrea.com for the Pos/Amalfi/Salerno route.

5. Re: Ferry Update April 2013 To and From Positano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, February 18, 2015