We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Marina (Hydrofoil) to Sponda Bus Stop

Level Contributor
285 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Marina (Hydrofoil) to Sponda Bus Stop

Hello!

We are planning to come to Positano on a hydrofoil from Capri (in September).

Approximately how long does it take to walk from the marina upto to the Sponda bus stop (we need to catch the SITA bus to Sorrento).

We will be on a tight schedule but we are hoping to at least get a quick taste of Positano. I am hoping we will have a couple of hours for a leisurely walk upto our bus stop. But I am trying to figure out how quickly we can get to the bus stop if we are in a time crunch.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,753 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Marina (Hydrofoil) to Sponda Bus Stop

About 20 minutes - mostly uphill with and without steps but that should be enough time from the dock. Be aware that buses arriving - even at that first stop in Positano on the way to Sorrento - may be packed and not stop and sometimes you have to wait for the next one.

Level Contributor
285 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Marina (Hydrofoil) to Sponda Bus Stop

Thanks MomCat!

We had planned to arrive early because I read about the buses being crowded but I guess that won't help if they're already full when they arrive at our stop!

Is there a particular route you recommend when walking up? Is it fairly straighforward? I'm hoping we don't waste too much time getting lost!

Directions we have from Google Maps:

-Head northwest on Via Marina; turn to stay right on Via Marina

-Continue onto Piazza Flavio Gioia

-Continue straight onto Via dei Mulini

-Sharp straight onto Via Cristoforo Colombo

Just wondering how accurate this is since I know it can be confusing with hills and smaller streets/alleys.

Thanks for your help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,753 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Marina (Hydrofoil) to Sponda Bus Stop

In all the times I have been there, I haven't ever looked at the names you mention, except for Mulini - so, I am presuming this is all correct as there is only one way to reach Mulini when coming up from the beach/dock area - the turn onto Via Cristoforo Colombo is also correct.

This is all so small - you will have no problems finding your way. When you leave the dock, head straight, make a right at the pathway that leads in front of numerous beach restaurants (when you see Chez Black you will know you are going in the right direction) and turn left just as reach La Pergola restaurant - it will be in front of you, you turn left before you reach it.

It all sounds so much complicated and when you get there and see how small the village is - you will realize there is no need to be concerned you won't find your way and if you get turned around at all, just ask anyone for the La Sponda stop.

Level Contributor
285 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from Marina (Hydrofoil) to Sponda Bus Stop

Thank you so much!

Glad to hear that it will not be a confusing walk (getting lost is usually fun but this will be time-sensative day). I am making note of the landmarks you mentioned so we have them for reference just in case :)

5. Re: Walking from Marina (Hydrofoil) to Sponda Bus Stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 21, 2013