We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salerno to Praiano...Best way to get there???

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Salerno to Praiano...Best way to get there???

My husband and I are taking the train from Florence to Salerno on our Honeymoon the first week of August. We are staying in Praiano while on the Amalfi Coast and we need to get from the train station in Salerno to our hotel in Praiano. Our hotel concierge told us a private transfer booked thru the hotel is Euro 150. This sounds kind of expensive...

1. What is the best way to get from Salerno train station to Praiano (with luggage)?

2. Any recommended car services?

3. Are there cabs available at the Salerno train station? If so, any ideas how much it will cost? (if we take a cab, will it end up costing us more than just booking a private transfer..rip off?)

4. In general are cabs in Italy required to have some sort of license posted (like all cabs in NYC are required to)? This way you know what to look out for...don't want to end up in some random persons car...

Welcoming all suggestions... we want to make this travel experience as smooth as possible!

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
967 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salerno to Praiano...Best way to get there???

If you get off at Naples station, the transfer will be less expensive. Around 110-120 euros. Try getting a quote from http://www.rainbowlimos.it/ I always use them for Positano. They will meet you at the train.

You could get the ferry from Salerno to Praiano but you will still need to get from the dock to the road then catch the internal Positano-Praiano bus. Rather complicated.

Never book a car service through the hotel. It is always more expensive due to commission.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,150 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salerno to Praiano...Best way to get there???

We always use DriveAmalfi for transfers from Napoli Centrale. Salvatore Lucibello runs a terrific company, has very nice vehicles (Mercedes sedans and minivans), the drivers speak English, and they're very knowledgeable about the AC.

If you email Salvatore at driveamalfi@hotmail.com he will respond quickly with a quote. It's really nice to sit back and relax to enjoy the wonderful scenery on the way to Praiano. It's about a 90 minute drive.

United States
Level Contributor
9,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salerno to Praiano...Best way to get there???

You have duplicate threads going so be sure and check both places for replies.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194867-i2574-k557…

I made that journey in 2010 and received quotes of €80- €100. Two car services that I recommend in the area are www.amalficoastcarservice.it and http://www.benvenutolimos.com/ . The first is based in Ravello and the second is based in Praiano. Both are very good.

I got tired of the SITA bus very quickly and vow never to take it again ifpossible. Getting on in Praiano is usually a matter of being squeezed into a already crowded bus and having to stand to your destination, either towards Sorrento or Amalfi. Getting on in Sorrento or Amalfi is only slightly better and at times I've had to wait for 3 buses in order to get on.

TAB

4. Re: Salerno to Praiano...Best way to get there???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 10, 2013