We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi availability in Positano?

Which Positano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi availability in Positano?

Hi, like so many others, I have concerns/questions regarding my transportation to/from Positano. I'm arriving by train from Florence via Naples, then I'll be heading to Rome after Positano. I'll be travelling solo and though I plan on travelling light (which would be one 21" carry-on and a large tote), I seriously doubt I'll be able to walk/hike it to my hotel if I take the SITA bus. I'm staying at Hotel Vittoria (on Fornilla Beach) and it doesn't look like either SITA bus stop is anywhere near my hotel. So I'm contemplating hiring a driver to pick me up in Naples and take me to my hotel (100 Euros). But since that is so expensive, I don't want to pay to do that OUT of town as well. So I'm thinking of taking a ferry back to Naples. Sooo, can anyone tell me how easy it would be for me to get a taxi to take me to the port? Can I assume that I can ask my hotel to call one for me when I'm checking out? Do I have to worry about the drivers being dishonest and trying to overcharge me? I guess I'm more concerned with this when I arrive back in Naples and need to take a taxi back to the train station. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Positano
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi availability in Positano?

The taxi drivers of Positano/Amalfi Coast, I have to say, are very honest. We didn't hear anything bad.

You have to watch out for the cab drivers in Naples and Rome....they play with the taximeter.

positano,italy
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi availability in Positano?

You haven't indicated when you will be in Positano. There probably won't be any ferry service until mid May.

Take the S.I.T.A. bus. Once in Positano there is a local bus just across the street from the SITA stop (CHIESA NUOVA). Its a 3 min. ride to your stop at Fornillo. The Hotel Vittoria is a stones throw.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi availability in Positano?

I will be there mid-May. I was just checking on one of the ferries website and it looks like there is a direct route from Positano to Naples (1 a day) starting May 7th. So I think that is my plan outta town. Does the local bus also go from Fornilla Beach towards the direction of the port? (I'm assuming that the port is at the larger, main beach)?

Thank you both for your help.