We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano trip in May- Help w/ hotels, drivers, boat trips

California
3 posts
Save Topic
Positano trip in May- Help w/ hotels, drivers, boat trips

Hi,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Positano for 5-6 days and 2 days in Rome. I'd appreciate your itineraries, hotels, drivers,restaurants, etc.. We definitely want to go to Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, Ravello, the Amalfi Coast.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brenda

Currumbin, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Positano trip in May- Help w/ hotels, drivers, boat trips

been to positano a few times now and have found that the best place to stay is closer to the beach. we have found villa flavia goia apartments www.villaflaviogioia.it to be great. they have small kitchen facilities, terrace overlooking sea, close to beach, a deli downstairs for breakfast, lunch, snack supplies and you can easily walk to pier where all the boats leave for day trips, including capri. if you walk further around the headland to the west there is a fantastic family owned and run cafe, on the beach, think called cafe marinella - we eat there most lunch times (all home cooked) and most reasonable. at night because villa goia close to nightlife, easy to walk around without having to do the BIG walk up the hill at the end of the evening. which we have done in the past, but which is not much fun. would recommend crusing the amalfi coast by boat rather than drive - too narrow, too crazy drivers and too hard for parking generally.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
110 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Positano trip in May- Help w/ hotels, drivers, boat trips

I must say driving on the Amalfi Coast is almost impossible. The road is extremely narrow, relatively busy and BUSES HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY . If you meet a bus on a corner you have to reverse as far as necessary to let them past. Bus transport is cheap and buses are frequent. Boat transport is quick and easy also. Having spent a week there last September - travelling to Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, Praino, Amalfi and Ravello nothing in this world would entice me to drive and believe me I am bolshy city driver. The hightlight of the Amalfi Coast for me was a boat to Amalfii and a bus up to Ravello. The views are out do this world. I walked down - and while steep it was awe inspiring. It took me an hour and I am 50. I wouldn't attempt to walk up although many do!

13. Re: Positano trip in May- Help w/ hotels, drivers, boat trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 12, 2009